Core Field Technician
Job ID: #83839
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for a Core Field Technician for a major company working in the Middlebury, VT area.
MOUNTAIN, LTD. is a telecommunications service provider that has been in the industry for nearly 40 years. We are a proven leader in engineering solutions and recruitment with a record for success with both clients and candidates looking for the best jobs in the field. Our teams strengthen the infrastructure of our client base by specializing in outside/inside plant engineering, design, permitting, right of way, CAD drafting and project management. MOUNTAIN, LTD. offers an excellent compensation package that includes health and retirement benefits. We are dedicated to deliver our mission and commitment to clients and employees.
The Core Field Technician’s duties include but are not limited to: install maintain and repair all aspects of primary backbone electronic network; use Industry standard practices to construct and maintain core electronic networks and supporting central office and point of presence locations; and to understand outside plant fiber network components and when required/requested assist outside plant engineering and construction in restoration efforts.
- Responsible for maintenance and installation activities on major backbone network components.
- Works with Core Network Engineering to facilitate clean design packages, understands power and grounding fundamentals.
- In depth understanding of test equipment i.e. Ethernet, TDM, Optical, Fiber Characterization Kits and all other required testing equipment to conduct and troubleshoot the network.
- Must understand access procedures for all relevant sites under their area of operation. Be responsible for notifying management when renewals are within 30 days.
- Responsible for all mobility related (tower) installation maintenance and repair.
- Preventative maintenance / reporting for infrastructure components i.e. HVAC, Emergency Generators, transfer switching, remote gen set operation, maintenance, and interface connections.
- Responsible for end to end installation, test, turn-up, and maintenance of all carrier related circuits.
- Participate in On-Call Rotation.
- Be available as Essential Personnel in emergency scenarios.
- When necessary, assist Field Services on installation and repair.
- Completes special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Service order work flow systems
- Reading and understanding CLR’s
- Inventory control protocols, (i.e. use of PIC list)
- SharePoint access / use of departmental, engineering and NOC related pages
- Troubleshooting process (i.e. point to point analysis)
- AC / DC power fundamentals
- Field Test equipment operation (i.e. OTDR, Ethernet testing, Optical Power Measurement)
- Basic fiber splicing
- Industry standard installation practices:
- Planning for network installations by studying customer orders, plans, manuals, and technical specifications.
- Ordering and gathering equipment, supplies, materials, and tools, assessing installation site; preparing an installation diagram.
- Verifies service by testing circuits, equipment, and alarms; identifying, correcting, or escalating problems.
- Documents network by labeling and routing equipment and cables; recording configuration diagrams and specifications on appropriate company owned systems.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate) with a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years relevant experience installing and troubleshooting voice and data services; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
For consideration please email your resume to tetonjobs@MountainLtd.com or call 800-322-8627.