Job ID: #83239
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for a Field Engineer for a major company working in the Rochester, NY area.
MOUNTAIN, LTD. is a telecommunications service provider that has been in the industry for nearly 40 years. We are a proven leader in engineering solutions and recruitment with a record for success with both clients and candidates looking for the best jobs in the field. Our teams strengthen the infrastructure of our client base by specializing in outside/inside plant engineering, design, permitting, right of way, CAD drafting and project management. MOUNTAIN, LTD. offers an excellent compensation package that includes health and retirement benefits. We are dedicated to deliver our mission and commitment to clients and employees.
The field engineer must have an advanced level of OSP design knowledge and be capable of designing outside plan work orders, providing administrative and field support to the outside plant provisioning process and be familiar with the various communications outside plant engineering concepts, such as copper cable, fiber optic cable, and coax cable.
- Utilize facility analysis process to select areas for rehabilitation, coordinate field work, preparation of work order drawings and documentation updating work order records in an accurate and timely manner, analysis of reports, providing work order estimated expenditures and/or placement and joint use memos.
- Knowledge of telephone industry standards, accessing, reading and interpreting mechanized assignment records, PC applications, OSP record and/or computer aided drafting systems and able to interact with all online computer systems that the client requires.
- Understanding infrastructure plans (highway, sewer, bridge, etc.) and survey information for the elimination and prevention of conflicts with existing or proposed underground, site obstacles, and for proper installation location within easements and public right of way.
- Knowledge with all municipal and governmental requirements for all work.
- Knowledge of the following systems: Infinium, NEEDS, M6, DPI/Endeavor, FROGS, DSLNET, Covango, Varasset, QPORT.
For consideration please email your resume to tetonjobs@MountainLtd.com or call 800-322-8627.