Field Services Network Technician
Job ID: #84272
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for an Field Services network Technician for a major company working in the Weare, NH area.
Since 1979, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has successfully created and supported turnkey engineering solutions for traditional and wireless telecom providers across the United States. We are a national leader in the industry, providing high-quality engineering, on-time service delivery, and skilled personnel paired with innovative technology and creative solutions. Specialties include OSP/ISP engineering, design, permitting, right-of-way and CAD for traditional and wireless telecommunications companies.
We have an opening with a major telecom company for a Network Installation/Maintenance Technician. As a network Installation/Maintenance Technician you will work under the general supervision of the Supervisor of Technical Operations & Services. Responsible for the installation, repair, testing, troubleshooting and maintenance of both inside and outside telephone and telecommunications equipment including voice and data networks; and broadband services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Performs installation, maintenance, trouble isolation and repair of telecommunications and data equipment as engineered and designed, using hand and/or power tools. Typical installations may include some or all of the following steps:
a. Verifies order with customer and consults with customer as to type and location of equipment.
b. Makes plans on how to bring wire from pole to building and how to run wire inside of the building.
c. Climbs poles, runs wire to building and makes connection.
d. Rearranges and reconnects pairs of wires at pole, underground or building terminals.
e. Installs inside wiring which may include stapling wire along wall and drilling holes.
f. Connects equipment to wiring using color coded wires.
g.Verifies proper functioning of installed equipment.
h. Makes notations on the service order to indicate completion of work, time, any changes from the original order and other pertinent information. Calls office for ring back to test incoming calls on new line.
2. Performs installations, rearrangements and changes to remove simple and complex communication lines and equipment.
3. Responds to service repairs as dispatched and troubleshoots and repairs problems to customer satisfaction.
4. Climbs poles and ladders, enters buildings, crawl spaces, trenches or manholes to place materials.
5. Follows instructions and information on service orders, trouble tickets, circuit diagrams and performs work adhering to Company Standard Practices.
6. Determines methodology for installing telephone service, trunks and other communication circuits and equipment.
7. Tests and inspects to ensure that all work activities are performed and all services installed function properly and meet Company quality standards.
8. Works directly with residential and business customers in person to advise, configure and install services; and sells Company services and products.
9. Provides customers with appropriate fee schedules and pricing information for services and materials; issues invoices and collects payments in cash and checks from customers.
10. Completes required documentation on work performed.
11. Uses appropriate personal protective equipment and follows established Company Safety Practices and Procedures.
12. Performs duties of the Central Office and Network Construction Technicians; and in the Service Center as required.
13. Performs Standby Duty and weekend work on a scheduled rotation.
14. Responds to after-hours emergency calls as required.
16. Removes snow and ice on Company premises including parking lots, walkways, access drives, etc.
17. Regular attendance and punctuality required.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years related experience in telephone installation, maintenance, repair, basic electricity, voice and data networks.
- Able to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Able to work effectively with people at all levels.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Must have a valid New Hampshire Commercial Driver's License and a good driving record.
- Must pass all required alcohol and drug testing and DOT physical examinations.
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Able to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Employee is frequently required to talk, hear, sit, walk, stand, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools and controls, reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently climbs and descends poles and ladders, balance, bend, push, stoop, crouch and kneel; lifts, carries, moves, positions and transports objects weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Constantly moves about to perform work activities.
- Frequently works aloft, below ground level and in confined spaces for short and extended periods of time.
- Requires dexterity in fingers to work with inside/outside wiring and other related equipment used in this position.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include ability to perceive differences in telephony color codes, good color vision, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
- Employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
- Medical and Dental Insurance. Eligible the first of the month after 60 days of employment.
- Life Insurance. Eligible the first of the month after 90 days of employment.
- Short Term Disability Insurance. Eligible the first of the month after 90 days of employment.
- 401k Plan Eligibility is the first of the quarter after completing 90 days of service.
- Vacation Time accrued per company policy.
- Sick Time accrued per company policy.
Thank you for your interest in MOUNTAIN, LTD. For more career opportunities, please visit us at www.mountainltd.com