Job ID: #83274
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for an OSP Engineer for a major company working in the Columbus, OH area.
MOUNTAIN, LTD.™ is a telecommunications service provider that has been in the industry for nearly 40 years. We are a proven leader in engineering solutions and recruitment with a record for success with both clients and candidates looking for the best jobs in the field. Our teams strengthen the infrastructure of our client base by specializing in outside/inside plant engineering, design, permitting, right of way, CAD drafting and project management. MOUNTAIN, LTD.™ offers an excellent compensation package that includes health and retirement benefits. We are dedicated to deliver our mission and commitment to clients and employees.
This OSP Engineer will be responsible for the application engineering of telecommunications outside plant in a local serving exchange environment. Subject matter expert of and for all technical aspects of outside plant facilities work such as but not limited to cable sizing, cable counts, cable records, permitting for right of ways and easements. The individual will work as a team member with Network Planning, Central Office, Transmission and Operations to support the growth, replacements and upgrades of telecommunications plant facilities. This person provides frontline project management for all construction activities associated with outside plant facilities. This position also supports sales, marketing, operations and regulatory as needed.
- Frontline project management for construction activities.
- Engineering design for outside plant projects.
- Perform field staking.
- Proactive review of outside plant facilities to determine necessary upgrades and enhancements.
- Communicate with state, county, city and national indices to gain information on planned projects that involve growth and changes.
- Coordinate with all utilities for project design and construction to utilize joint trench.
- Communicate with all peers and departments to insure proper project planning.
- Maintain accurate cable records and updates.
- Attend pre construction meetings for project designs.
- Apply for permits as required (State, DNR, City, County, Townships).
- Maintain and investigate right of ways and easements for releases.
- Attend weekly construction meetings as needed.
- Prepare loop studies as needed.
- Update records according to As-Builts.
- Code and approve contractor invoices.
- Assist in annual budget design.
- All other activities with respect to the needs of the business.
- Must have detailed knowledge of outside plant activities.
- Knowledge of engineering tools to include the following, Adobe, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, email and other vendor software.
- Excellent organizational skills, communications skills (written and verbal) and customer relations will be utilized in achieving desired results and are critical to the position.
- Outside plant construction and project management experience and inventory management experience.
- Experience in right of way, private easement and permitting with local, state and federal entities.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects in various stages of activity.
For consideration please email your resume to tetonjobs@MountainLtd.com or call 800-322-8627.