Senior Network Engineer
Job ID: #83787
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for a Senior Network Engineer for a major company working in the Victor, NY area.
MOUNTAIN, LTD. is a telecommunications service provider that has been in the industry for nearly 40 years. We are a proven leader in engineering solutions and recruitment with a record for success with both clients and candidates looking for the best jobs in the field. Our teams strengthen the infrastructure of our client base by specializing in outside/inside plant engineering, design, permitting, right of way, CAD drafting and project management. MOUNTAIN, LTD. offers an excellent compensation package that includes health and retirement benefits. We are dedicated to deliver our mission and commitment to clients and employees.
The Senior Network Engineer will provide Layer 2 and 3 expertise, designing the framework to strategically expand client’s network, while delivering packetized services to carrier and enterprise customers. The Senior Network Engineer must have CCIE Service Provider certification/STAMP, which requires passing both written and lab modules. Also, qualified candidate should have experience with Carrier Ethernet design/deployment.
- Analyze and assess structure and behavior of expanding network systems including interior and exterior routing protocols.
- Author written network Engineering Design Packages including detailed implementation project plans and procedures.
- Collaborate with other operations departments to design approved infrastructure.
- Manage contractors and vendors during implementation phase.
- Provide technical and costing expertise to sales engineering teams during complex network developments.
- Continuously identify, review, and recommend potential opportunities for cost-savings, service quality improvement, and operational efficiency.
- Develop operational strategies such as Service Migration (grooms). End of Life (EOL) management, expansion, and vulnerability mitigation processes.
- Develop Technology roadmaps.
- Serve as the escalation contact during complex outages requiring Layer 3 analysis.
- Develop and assist in developing Reasons for Outages (RFO) and corrective action plans.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant experience in a Service Provider environment utilizing ISIS, OSPF, BGP, and MPLS.
- Experience architecting large scale IP networks and supporting system design as either the lead engineer or as part of a team.
- Experience with design and implementation of large scale/regionalized Route Reflectors.
- Experience with Carrier Ethernet design/deployment, focused on MEF compliant architectures.
- Experience with equipment and vendors such as Adtran NetVanta, Ciena CES, Cyan Z-Series, Telco Systems, Accedian, and Juniper MX Series.
- Thorough knowledge of Engineering Design Package (EDP) creation and execution.
- Proven ability to manage contractors and vendors.
- Functional working knowledge of Linux/Unix OS variants.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- CCIE Service Provider certification
For consideration please email your resume to tetonjobs@MountainLtd.com or call 800-322-8627.