Employee Spotlight – Erica Higginbotham
This month, we’re shining our spotlight on of our finest MOUNTAINEERS, Erica! Erica joined our recruiting team over 3 years ago and has recently accepted a promotion to Senior Recruiter!
As a Senior Recruiter, Erica supports our Client and Internal teams by finding talented individuals to fill various roles within the organization. She begins this process by sourcing resumes and meeting candidates interested in the position. After a conversation determining if the opportunity is a fit, Erica walks the candidate through the submittal, interview, and (hopefully!) the offer & onboarding process. Once a contract employee is hired, Erica remains their point of contact throughout their employment at MOUNTAIN, LTD. One of her favorite parts of her job is the check-in call with the employees she supports; because she is not involved with their daily workflow, Erica says “…it is a nice time to catch up and learn about different projects they’re working on.”
Erica most enjoys the connections and relationships that she has had the opportunity to build in her role. She has had the chance to work with individuals nationwide, helping them find opportunities that complement their experience and lifestyle. The relationships Erica builds with each individual is one of the most rewarding aspects of her job.
When Erica joined the MOUNTAIN team, she proved she could transition from her medical recruiting background to telecommunications recruiting with great success. Since then, she has become known for her incredible work ethic and determination – no matter how specific the skillset or remote the location, Erica strives to identify a candidate for every opening. In addition to recruiting, Erica supports approximately 75 contract employees she has recruited. Her dog Cooper has also become an honorary member of the team; he is frequently featured in weekly timesheet reminder emails and can often be seen napping in the background on team calls.
We congratulate Erica on her promotion to Senior Recruiter and look forward to her continued growth at MOUNTAIN!
Q & A:
What is one of your greatest professional accomplishments?
– Coming from a mental health/medical recruiting background, I had limited knowledge of the telecommunications industry. One of my greatest professional accomplishments is gaining experience about recruiting in different fields. Working in telecom for 3 years now, I have had the opportunity of hiring just under 200 employees and I have over 75 active employees I currently support.
What do you like to do outside of work?
– Outside of work I love to go on outdoor adventures with my pup Cooper, work on our yard/various house projects, binge watching Netflix, visit family, and unwind from the week.
Tell us an interesting fact about yourself:
– An interesting fact about me is that I played ice hockey for 10 years until college where I focused on lacrosse.
Lightning Round! What is your Favorite:
- Movie: The Greatest Showman
- TV Show: All of these tie for number 1 — Schitt’s Creek, Grey’s Anatomy, New Girl, Friends, and The Office
- Song: Whitney Houston – Higher Love
- Food: Donuts
- Quote: “Just keep swimming”
Thank you Erica, for all you do for MOUNTAIN