Employee Spotlight – Frank Rogers
Typically, our employee spotlight happens once each month as a way to highlight some individuals in our company who have displayed the true MOUNTAIN spirit, but we have a MOUNTAINeer that is retiring this month, and we wanted to recognize this incredible individual with a special feature.
Frank Rogers has been with us for almost 15 years and has been an integral part of our story. Although he currently serves as a recruiter, Frank has been a part of so many facets of MTN history and has helped set up some of our biggest accounts over the years. The thing that makes Frank such a special individual and what contributes to his magic as a recruiter is his ability to make you feel like you are a part of his life. He does this through his stories. Frank has had some incredible adventures in his life, and he shares that with those around him. Everyone around the office has a “Frank story,” which is why we created a book for Frank’s retirement. We filled a book of stories, pictures, quotes, and memories that we have all had of Frank as a way to honor him and wish him well on his next adventure.
So, if you don’t know Frank, here is just a small sample of who he was and the impact he had at MOUNTAIN.
How long have you been working at MOUNTAIN, LTD.?
– “Working” is kind of subjective. I signed on with MTN about fourteen and a half years ago and have been super engaged since.
What position/s do/have you had at MOUNTAIN?
– I have been fortunate to have enjoyed couple of different positions at MTN. Most recently I have acted as a recruiter with the Tetons. Prior to that I was on the account management team primarily working with several of our largest clients.
What is your favorite thing about working for MOUNTAIN?
– I have always enjoyed the people associated with MOUNTAIN. This would include our internal staff and all the people with work with us remotely. The teams that I have been a member of were all great! I have also very much enjoyed the work environment including the office space and the location at Pineland.
What is one of your greatest professional highlights?
– My greatest professional highlight. It was I was employee of the year.
CHECK THIS ONE OUT… I AM NOT SURE OF THE TITLE BUT IT WAS GREAT.
What are some opportunities that have come your way as a result of working at MOUNTAIN?
– I have had opportunities to try several different positions. I have also had the opportunity to travel and represent MTN.
What does a typical day look like for you?
– One of things that I like best about working with MTN is that there is no typical day.
Many days begin the same with a quick all hands meeting at 8AM but after that my activities are dictated by the specific goals of the day. Common activities would include reviewing position openings and sourcing for probable qualified candidates and then reaching out to them. Beyond the classic recruiting actives there is also, as the primary point of contact for many employees, a fair amount of time with employee support.
What is something you’ve learned at MOUNTAIN that you never thought you would?
– I never would have thought that I would have developed an interest in telecommunications outside plant. I enjoy walking down a street and checking out the lines and poles.
What do you like doing outside of work?
– I enjoy music, fishing and being outside, art, and travel.
What are you passionate about?
– I am passionate about growing and having new adventures.
What is your favorite movie?
– There are too many l movies that would compete for “favorite.” My favorite book is A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving.
Good Luck in your next adventure Frank. We will miss you around the office, so please come back to visit and tell us more stories!
Photos from Franks’ retirement party