Employee Spotlight – Kaylie Aldous
Welcome to our first employee spotlight of 2020. With each passing year, we want to improve upon and expand how we represent MOUNTAIN and, most importantly, MOUNTAINeers. Last year, we launched our employee spotlight feature where we would interview staff about their MTN experience and learn a little bit more about who they are. As many people know, MOUNTAIN hires both internal and contract-based employees to fill our many positions across the United States. From OSP engineers and drafters to project managers and detail engineers, our staff is growing every single day. With over 650+ employees between all of these staffing groups, there are a lot of stand-out people working with us. Last year, we interviewed all internal staff (primarily people who have been with us for a long time), but this year, we are expanding the employee spotlight feature to all MOUNTAIN employees. If you work with us and recognize someone who is going above and beyond, you can nominate a MOUNTAINeer for employee spotlight by emailing email@example.com
Without further adieu, our first employee spotlight of 2020 is Kaylie Aldous! Kaylie was nominated by several members of her team and recognized as someone who has always done a stellar job at completing tasks with quality, but over the last several months, Kaylie has stepped up and taken on more responsibilities as work expands and changes. She has kept up with these changes and done so with a positive attitude. Several managers at our Boise, Idaho office agreed that Kaylie exemplified what employee spotlight is all about. Let’s learn a little more about Kaylie!
How long have you been working at MOUNTAIN, LTD.?
– I have been working with MOUNTAIN, LTD. for a year and three months!
What position/s do/have you had at MOUNTAIN?
– I was hired on as an engineering assistant for permitting in the Treasure Valley. I was then promoted as an OSP Facility Engineer I and have taken on permitting for the entire state of Idaho and expanded to several other states!
What is your favorite thing about working for MOUNTAIN?
– My favorite thing about working at MOUNTAIN is the people. All the MOUNTAINeers are super supportive and encouraging. I would not be where I am today without that support!
What is one of your greatest professional highlights?
– One of my greatest professional highlights is helping expand the permitting team in the Boise office and how much I’ve learned about the permitting world in the last year.
What are some opportunities that have come your way as a result of working at MOUNTAIN?
– A typical day for me is very fast paced. I am constantly multi tasking between corresponding with the different municipalities, keeping the permitting information organized and tracking each permit from start to finish. This department keeps me on my toes.
What does a typical day look like for you?
– A typical day for me is very fast paced. I am constantly multi-tasking between corresponding with the different municipalities, keeping the permitting information organized and tracking each permit from start to finish. This department keeps me on my toes.
What is something you’ve learned at MOUNTAIN that you never thought you would?
– Everyday a new challenge arises with each job and I learn something I didn’t know before. From learning the rules and regulations of each municipality to gaining the knowledge of every aspect that goes into engineering a single job.
Tell us a story about a MOUNTAIN experience.
– My favorite MOUNTAIN experience happens every Friday morning! Here in the Boise office we have breakfast every Friday morning and it brings everyone together and keeps the office positive. It is a great way to end the work week!
What do you like doing outside of work?
– Outside of work I am always outside adventuring with my dog. Being active outdoors plays a huge part in keeping myself balanced and sane!
What are you passionate about?
I am passionate about living a happy and healthy life. I strive to be the best version of myself I can be. Having this mindset makes such a difference in everyday life.
What is your favorite movie?
– The original Point Break.
Thank you, Kaylie, for all that you do