High Point, NC
Job ID: #91461
MOUNTAIN, LTD. is looking for an CAD Associate in High Point, NC
Since 1979, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has successfully created and supported turnkey engineering solutions for traditional and wireless telecom providers across the United States. We are a national leader in the industry, providing high-quality engineering, on-time service delivery, and skilled personnel paired with innovative technology and creative solutions. Specialties include OSP/ISP engineering, design, permitting, right-of-way and CAD for traditional and wireless telecommunications companies.
The CAD Associate Inserts, updates, revises, and analyzes data in CADTEL and updates Facilities Management Database (CHR) information to create, resolve, and correct data. Processes field notes, sketches, and designs submitted by Engineers, creates Work Orders based on them, making Geographic Information System (GIS) insertions as required, “AS-Build” Work Orders to the GIS after completion and making necessary data changes to the GIS and other digital records. This position carries the responsibility of correcting and/or bringing problems of a GIS nature to the attention of the Supervisor/Manager.
- Activities related to the Facilities Management Database such as:
- Acquire and interpret data
- Identify and correct errors
- Activities related to the GIS/CAD (CADTEL) such as:
- Acquire, insert, and interpret data/information
- Recognize flow direction, proper connectivity, and make corrections as needed
- Identify and interpret trends of incorrect data insertion
- Find missing or incomplete GIS facilities/properties
- Create work orders in the GIS along with any required supporting documentation
- Issue work orders to Facilities Construction
- Follow established GIS rules and procedures to ensure seamless and reliable data quality. Drawings/insertions must demonstrate a high level of accuracy by correct geographic position, population of required property fields, etc.
- Create and maintain digital data files
- Post work orders following completion of work in the field
- Complete assigned projects such as data cleanup that requires data mining and analyzing of data; ensuring that incorrect data is corrected
- Utilize database software (OSP Database) in order to:
- Create work orders
- Reference jobs
- Archive/close out work orders
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED), or zero to two years’ experience in related field.
- Language Skills
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees if the organization.
- Mathematical Skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills
- Internet Software, Spreadsheet Software, Word Processing Software
- Additional Skills and Proficiencies
- AutoCAD desired
Thank you for your interest in MOUNTAIN, LTD. For more career opportunities, please visit us at www.mountainltd.com