Central Office/Switch Repair Technician
Job ID: #87498
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for a Central Office/Switch Repair Technician in Crestview, FL.
Since 1979, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has successfully created and supported the most innovative career pathways for job seekers. Our dedicated internal vendor management has a longstanding relationship across diverse industries, ranging from telecom to insurance. In the evolving landscape of employment, MOUNTAIN has relationships with some of the top companies across the nation.
- This is a 10 month contract with potential for longer term employment
- $40.00 per hour
Central Office (Switch) Maintenance Special Services/Design Services Installation and Maintenance Technician
- Repair for all types of mechanical/digital Central Office switching equipment and switch circuit installations and repair including Digital Loop Carrier, Next Generation Digital Loop Carrier, asynchronous, SONET and DWDM systems and special circuit/design services.
- Inspect, clean and place fiber optic jumpers.
- Working knowledge of the cable color code and be able to readily identify assigned network components.
- Should be highly competent with the operation of test sets to complete work functions associated with the testing and repair of copper, fiber, transmission, LAN/WAN, ATM, Ethernet, Packet and other special circuits and devices.
- Should be able to read the Main Distribution Frames (MDF) to ensure copper, jumpers have been run, rearranged or removed correctly for single line, xDSL.
- NOTE: Area dependent – this technician may be required to maintain/test/replace office batteries and associated Direct Current (DC) power equipment.
Thank you for your interest in MOUNTAIN, LTD. For more information, please contact Sharmy Mitchell: email@example.com