Construction Installation Technician III
Job ID: #83932
5/9/2019 – client is interviewing. – BD
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for a Construction Installation Technician III for a major company working in the Roanoke, VA area.
MOUNTAIN, LTD. is a telecommunications service provider that has been in the industry for nearly 40 years. We are a proven leader in engineering solutions and recruitment with a record for success with both clients and candidates looking for the best jobs in the field. Our teams strengthen the infrastructure of our client base by specializing in outside/inside plant engineering, design, permitting, right of way, CAD drafting and project management. MOUNTAIN, LTD. offers an excellent compensation package that includes health and retirement benefits. We are dedicated to deliver our mission and commitment to clients and employees.
The Customer Installation Technician III is responsible for all installations and repairs including required premise equipment (NIDs, Routers, Data Switches, premise Firewalls, IAD’s, Hosted phones, ONT’s, etc.) for TDM, Ethernet, MPLS, and VoIP and Data services through T1 and Ethernet/Fiber level services. New near-future services will include installation and maintenance of optic network interface devices, SD-WAN devices, and required CAT 5/CAT 6 demarc extension wiring for T-1s, Fiber to the Premise, and Triple Play video service.
The Customer Installation Technician III is responsible for maintaining proper service and safety standards as required by the Public Service Commission, industry standards, manufacturer specifications, OSHA, National Electric Safety Code, SCDOT and local building codes. The Customer Installation Technician III will be able to upgrade firmware and load configurations in Adtran, VeloCloud, Cisco, Cradlepoint, Ruckus, Brocade, and Ciena equipment. Advanced knowledge of VOIP phones should include but not limited to, Polycom, Avaya, Yealink, and Cisco phones. The Customer Installation Technician III will have an intermediate knowledge of single mode and multi-mode fiber optics.
Individual must be able to troubleshoot with a light source, optical power meter, or OTDR. The Customer Installation Technician III will be responsible for operating 10 gigabit Ethernet test sets to test multiple classifications of voice and data circuits. This position will require advanced telecom field knowledge and a basic working knowledge of IP. The Customer Installation Technician III must be detail oriented, self-starting, and possess the ability to work well with or without supervision.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Possess a valid driver’s license and be able to safely operate a company vehicle
- Able to work with no supervision
- Availability to work various hours and schedule including weekends, holidays, overtime and callouts as required in inclement weather conditions.
- Available to travel 85% of time
- Must be organized and capable of interpreting new orders and procuring CPE
- Ability to utilize SSH and Telnet clients
- Able to configure equipment through TFTP
- Must know standard telephone/cable color codes and installation practices
- Ability to upgrade Adtran, VeloCloud, Cisco, Cradlepoint, Ruckus, Brocade, and Ciena CPE firmware and load configurations
- Ability to program Yealink, Polycom, Panasonic, and Avaya desk and cordless phones
- Knowledge of Broadsoft and the ability to navigate the program to reprogram and replace devices at a user level
- Capable of troubleshooting and correcting CPE configurations
- Capable of troubleshooting and correcting Ethernet, T1, and 1FB wiring issues using standard field installation tools
- Capable of producing Ethernet and T1 cables
- Capable of installing dmarc extensions or cabling to support WAN services in a customer facility (no fear of heights or enclosed spaces)
- Capable of troubleshooting and correcting VOIP services at customer premise
- Knowledge of Ethernet test sets with the ability to Configure, test, and interpret results for a T-1, PRI, and Ethernet.
- Configure and utilize light meter to properly measure light
- Experience with LEC/CLEC Operations
- Experience with Local Loop Distribution /Testing/Repair
- Experience with Cisco or Adtran Routers, IADs, GPON, or ATA’s
- Minimum 8 years’ field experience with hardware installations
- Experience with DS3, DS1, DS0 circuit test equipment
- Intermediate experience with IP networks
- Experience leading a team to complete projects/jobs
- Capable of working unsupervised in markets completely independent of a team
For consideration please email your resume to tetonjobs@MountainLtd.com or call 800-322-8627.