Fiber Deployment Technician II
Job ID: #92296
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for a Fiber Deployment Technician I in the Seattle, WA area!
Since 1979, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has successfully created and supported turnkey engineering solutions for traditional and wireless telecom providers across the United States. We are a national leader in the industry, providing high-quality engineering, on-time service delivery, and skilled personnel paired with innovative technology and creative solutions. Specialties include OSP/ISP engineering, design, permitting, right-of-way, and CAD for traditional and wireless telecommunications companies.
Pay Range: $20-22/hour
This position’s purpose is to execute, as an active member of the Network Deployment team, taking on new build turn-ups, troubleshooting, administration, installation, outage support, and maintenance of the network and customer’s access infrastructure equipment.
- Perform installations, troubleshooting, and repair of WaveG infrastructure including network connections from microwave radio headend to backbone equipment/hardware (interior and exterior)
- Millimeter-wave and microwave installations
- Verifies documentation of projects is accounted for and completed at the end of each project
- Escalation path for Deployment Technicians I
- Follow instructions/ work with Field Deployment Engineers.
- Part of a 24/7 on-call rotation
- Install, troubleshoot, and maintain WiFi Equipment – UniFi indoor-outdoor
- 1 to 2 years of experience with OSP construction, structured cabling, and ISP wiring methods
- Reviews and interprets project objectives, diagrams, and building plans
- Perform Annual preventive maintenance surveys of existing WaveG infrastructure
- Perform other duties as assigned
- DC/AC installation and knowledge
- Various tasks and special projects assigned by managers associated with the organization and company with the emphasis on driving efficiency and optimization
- Troubleshoot distribution and return-path problems; splice cable; replace damaged cable and equipment; install and configure network interface cards and client software on customer computer or routing equipment; identify problems with customer system configurations and settings that interfere with the use of the service
- Ability to adhere to Local, Federal regulations and Company Policies.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- Satisfactory driving record
- 1 to 2 years experience in the physical network layer, CAT 3/5, 66 blocks, 110 blocks, patch panels, fiber optic cables, etc.
- Basic knowledge of types of status monitoring systems and the ability to implement them
- 1 to 2 years experience with LAN and WAN Technology
- Demonstrates strong ability to diagnose and solve problems.
- Ability to accurately measure distances, using tapes or other measuring devices
- Ability to use the following hand tools: electric drills, hammers, wrenches, screwdrivers, cutters, and crimpers in the installation of cable to the residence and devices
- Advanced cable management and cable dressing skills
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP
- Familiarity with router IP configuration
Thank you for your interest in MOUNTAIN, LTD. For more career opportunities, please visit us at www.mountainltd.com