Job ID: #87475
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for a Fiber Locator in Phoenix, AZ.
Since 1979, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has successfully created and supported the most innovative career pathways for job seekers. Our dedicated internal vendor management has a longstanding relationship across diverse industries, ranging from telecom to insurance. In the evolving landscape of employment, MOUNTAIN has relationships with some of the top companies across the nation.
- This is a 3 month contract role with a possible extension
- $17.50 per hour
- Require use of own vehicle to go out and locate the fiber in the market.
- Will need safety gear such as vests, hard hat, gloves, boots, and must be trained on confined space work.
- The test equipment required to locate the network will be provided
- Under regular supervision, performs basic tasks and projects with lesser complexity.
- Relies on established guidelines and/or detailed direction for locating and protecting the network infrastructure in the market.
- May be responsible for the outside plant network in a given geographic boundary, including metro and long haul fibers.
- Responsible for asset management processes deliveries and replenishes consumables.
- Coordinates shipping and receiving of materials.
- Maintains tools, test sets, and electronic equipment.
- Monitors/ locates route and assists in executing restoration in the event of a service interruption, proactively responds to potential problem areas in order to ensure integrity of the network.
- Responsible for learning all of the systems and applications required to perform the job function adequately.
- Updates installation records, enters appropriate detailed log information on trouble tickets for reference, and provides reports to others on status updates and issues related to assignments.
- Performs preventive/scheduled maintenance and inspections on equipment and on the critical infrastructure including, but not limited to: HVAC systems, high-voltage electrical systems, DC Power Plants.
- Knowledge, Skills or Abilities 0-2 years network monitoring, installation, or maintenance/repair.
- Entry-level technician with experience and/or knowledge of at least one of the four major technician disciplines.
- Physical Requirements: Sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; lift 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license required; works in all weather conditions.
- Those technical disciplines are: Transmission (DS1/DS3/SONET), Switching (circuit-switching/SS7), TCP/IP (routers/higher-layer protocols), and Outside Plant (Fiber locating, OTDR, Mass Fusion Splicing, etc.). Have knowledge of locating fiber optic cable, right-of-way, and As-Builts.
- Must maintain site security and cleanliness.
- Must have PC skills and be well versed in Microsoft Windows and Office applications.
- Must possess the ability to quickly learn corporate databases.
- On-call 24×7 on a rotational basis, on stand-by, call out, dispatch, and overtime are required as dictated by the business.
- Clean driving record and vehicle for locating purposes.
- 1-3 Years of Experience.
Thank you for your interest in MOUNTAIN, LTD. For more information, please contact Sharmy Mitchell: firstname.lastname@example.org