Field Technician III
Job ID: #84937
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for a Field Technician III in the Tucson, AZ area.
Since 1979, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has successfully created and supported the most innovative career pathways for job seekers. Our dedicated internal vendor management has a longstanding relationship across diverse industries, ranging from telecom to insurance. In the evolving landscape of employment, MOUNTAIN has relationships with some of the top companies across the nation.
Works independently under minimal supervision, by performing tasks associated with the installation, acceptance and maintenance of Transport equipment, Signaling (such as ss7), Private Line and Data Services, install Channel Servicing Unit/Data Servicing Unit (CSU/DSU) and Customer Premise Equipment (CPE). Responsible for the outside plant network in a given geographic boundary, including metro and long haul fibers. Performs a wide spectrum of moderately complex assignments requiring alternative analysis, innovation and judgment. Assumes all routine tasks for major or multiple projects, and is periodically called upon to make unreviewed decisions. Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, may act as a team leader, and may mentor or train other Technicians.
- Essential Duties:
- Installs, provisions, tests, and maintains DS0 thru OC192 services, Transport equipment, Signaling, Private Line, Data Services, Channel Servicing Unit/Data Servicing Unit (CSU/DSU) and Customer Premise Equipment (CPE).
- Monitors network operations and resolves moderately complex network monitoring problems.
- Accesses local systems to test, troubleshoot and turn up customer services.
- Performs site surveys, fiber locating and oversee splicing of Metro/Long Haul Outside Plant fibers.
- Monitors route and executes restoration in the event of a service interruption, proactively responds to potential problem areas to ensure integrity of network.
- Performs preventive/scheduled maintenance and inspections on equipment and on the critical infrastructure including, but not limited to: HVAC systems, high-voltage electrical systems, DC Power Plants.
- Responsible for asset management: process deliveries and replenishes consumables.
- Coordinates shipping and receiving of materials.
- Operates and maintains tools, test sets, and electronic equipment including, but not limited to: Fiber optic transmissions equipment, lightwave multiplexing equipment, digital multiplexers, channel banks, circuit termination equipment, AC and DC power equipment, GN Nettest OTDR, fiber optic cable locating equipment, various BER type test equipment.
- Provides technical assistance, coaching and mentoring for Technicians to complete work orders, trouble tickets, and maintenance tickets efficiently to provide optimal metrics in On Time Performance (OTP), Mean Time To Respond/ Restore (MTTR), and maintenance activities.
- Job experience in similar industry. Job experience with similar essential duties.
- Sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; lift 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license required; works in all weather conditions.
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 5+ years Technician experience in a telecommunications / data center environment.
- Education Level: High School/GED. Field Of Study: Engineering or Management.
- A combination of education and experience is acceptable.
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities. Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
- Master knowledge of standard telecommunication practices and technologies including:
- Transmission (DSO, POTS, DDS, FT1, DS1, E1, DS3, Sonet/SDH)
- Switching, (SS7, Trunking, Signaling)
- TCP/IP (Fast / Gigabit Ethernet, Networking Protocols, Router Installation Configuration).
- Strong technical and mechanical background with experience of the latest generation transport gear, critical infrastructure (HVAC systems, high-voltage electrical systems, DC Power Plants, etc.) found in Telecommunications.