Los Angeles, CA
Job ID: #88092
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for a Field Technician in Los Angeles, CA.
Since 1979, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has successfully created and supported the most innovative career pathways for job seekers. Our dedicated internal vendor management has a longstanding relationship across diverse industries, ranging from telecom to insurance. In the evolving landscape of employment, MOUNTAIN has relationships with some of the top companies across the nation.
- Responsible for preventative and demand maintenance of the network, critical infrastructure, and becomes familiar with the company's systems and applications.
- May be responsible for the outside plant network in a given geographic boundary, including metro and long haul fibers.
- Maintains tools, test sets, and electronic equipment including, but not limited to: fiber optic locating equipment, AC and DC power equipment.
- Monitors/ locates route and assists in executing restoration in the event of a service interruption, proactively responds to potential problem areas in order to ensure integrity of the network.
- Responsible for learning all of the systems and applications required to perform the job function adequately.
- Updates installation records, enters appropriate detailed log information on trouble tickets for reference, and provides reports to others on status updates and issues related to assignments.
- Performs preventive/scheduled maintenance and inspections on equipment and on the critical infrastructure including, but not limited to: HVAC systems, high-voltage electrical systems, DC Power Plants. Basic Qualifications: Minimum skills required to perform in this role.
- High School Diploma/GED or 1 year of relevant job experience.
- Relevant job experience is described as: Job experience in similar industry. Job experience with similar essential duties.
- Physical Requirements: Sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; lift 50 lbs.
- Drivers license required; works in all weather conditions.
- 2 yrs. – Education Level: High School/GED.
- Field Of Study: Electronics or Telecommunications.
- A combination of education and experience is acceptable: Yes, Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
- Knowledge, Skills or Abilities 0-2 years network monitoring, installation, or maintenance/repair. Entry-level technician with experience and/or knowledge of at least one of the four major technician disciplines.
- Those technical disciplines are: Transmission (DS1/DS3/SONET), Switching (circuit-switching/SS7), TCP/IP (routers/higher-layer protocols), and Outside Plant (Fiber locating, OTDR, Mass Fusion Splicing, etc.).
- Have knowledge of locating fiber optic cable, right-of-way, and As-Builts.
- Must maintain site security and cleanliness.
- Must have PC skills and be well versed in Microsoft Windows and Office applications.
- Must possess the ability to quickly learn corporate databases.
- On-call 24×7 on a rotational basis, on stand-by, call out, dispatch, and overtime are required as dictated by the business.
Thank you for your interest in MOUNTAIN, LTD. For more information, please contact Sharmy Mitchell: email@example.com