GPON Engineer (Remote)
New Gloucester, ME
Job ID: #92810
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for a Remote GPON Engineer.
Since 1979, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has successfully created and supported turnkey engineering solutions for traditional and wireless telecom providers across the United States. We are a national leader in the industry, providing high-quality engineering, on-time service delivery, and skilled personnel paired with innovative technology and creative solutions. Specialties include OSP/ISP engineering, design, permitting, right-of-way and CAD for traditional and wireless telecommunications companies.
The GPON Engineer will perform all aspects of GPON engineering including but not limited to engineering of line extensions for service order activity, pole replacements facility installations and facility relocation. The Engineer will be familiar with GPON/OSP design and planning, construction, and have the ability to perform cost analysis to determine the most cost effective and efficient manner of the placement of communications facilities.
- Produce Layout documents utilizing:
- Field Notes
- Living Unit data
- Google Satellite to double check Living Unit Data
- Client proprietary systems
- Excel Data Entry
- Clearly and concisely plan fiber routes and terminal placements, assigning count to each terminal and each living unit in a designated area. These are produced for and referenced by:
- Project Management for initial costing
- Permits for drafting
- Configurator for ordering cable
- Work order package preparation including but not limited to cut sheets, schematics, and acquiring permits and private rights-of-way.
- OSP design and planning, construction.
- Perform cost analysis to determine the most cost effective and efficient manner of the placement of communications facilities. This assembly unit includes all necessary tools and equipment including but not limited to vehicle, cell phone, computer, and safety equipment.
- FTTH Line of Count experience, especially in the FlexNAP “High to Low, CO to Field” method strongly preferred
- Previous experience in aerial, buried and underground outside plant strongly preferred
- AutoCAD or equivalent drafting experience required
- Understanding of typical construction methods
- Previous experience in a multi-tasking, results oriented position in a deadline focused department
- Excellent Communications
- Strong Computer skills
- Ability to use Excel, Google Maps quickly and efficiently
- Must perform work with minimal supervision for a designated areas, including potential for any special projects as determined by management within the company
Thank you for your interest in MOUNTAIN, LTD. For more career opportunities, please visit us at www.mountainltd.com