Installation & Maintenance Technician
Job ID: #89471
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for an Installation & Maintenance Technician in Portland, ME.
Since 1979, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has successfully created and supported turnkey engineering solutions for traditional and wireless telecom providers across the United States. We are a national leader in the industry, providing high-quality engineering, on-time service delivery, and skilled personnel paired with innovative technology and creative solutions. Specialties include OSP/ISP engineering, design, permitting, right-of-way and CAD for traditional and wireless telecommunications companies.
The Installation & Maintenance Technician will conduct the installation and diagnostic maintenance of premise cabling and associated end-point IP devices.
- Install CAT3, CAT5, CAT5e, CAT6, CAT6a, coax cable
- Install and terminate fiber optic cable for both single and multimode fiber
- Install data racks, cabinets and runway for data rooms, wiring closets, IDF, MDF, APC
- Install Grounding, bonding, and lightning protection solutions
- Test all new cabling infrastructure in accordance with TIA/EIA standards
- Provide certified test results with proof of as-built documentation
- Install and integrate of overhead paging systems
- Install battery backup systems
- Install IP end-points for VoIP and Wi-Fi solutions, document MAC information as needed
- Assist with disaster recovery for customers.
- Working technical knowledge and ability to troubleshoot structured cabling system
- Proven problem-solving abilities
- Strong communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record
- High School Diploma combined with at least 2-4 years of structured cabling implementation experience