IT Network Engineering
Job ID: #88475
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for an IT Network Engineering in the Manchester, NH area.
Since 1979, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has successfully created and supported the most innovative career pathways for job seekers. Our dedicated internal vendor management has a longstanding relationship across diverse industries, ranging from telecom to insurance. In the evolving landscape of employment, MOUNTAIN has relationships with some of the top companies across the nation.
Classification: Exempt Job
Required Education & Experience:
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems and/or equivalent experience in the administration, installation, and maintenance of enterprise networking environment.
- 8 years’ experience in the administration, installation and maintenance of enterprise networking environment.
What will you be doing?
Responsible for all activities relating to the network infrastructure and architecture, including the design, installation, configuration and maintenance of internal voice, data, and video networks, switch and router management, network management tools, security, and disaster recovery.
- Leads the design, development, and deployment of new technologies, services, and underlying network infrastructure.
- Performs physical and logical network design, advanced configuration and maintenance of routers, switches, load balancers, content delivery devices, firewall/security devices, and other types of networking equipment.
- Plans, coordinates and executes major/large scale network projects, such as: critical maintenance, migrations, and technology changes/additions/upgrades.
- Analyzes and plans growth and capacity of production networks.
- Performs network technology vendor evaluations. Researches and defines equipment specifications.
- Develops service specifications, internal standards, and policies and procedures to adapt to evolving technology and business needs.
- Participates in development of technical training and documentation for network support staff.
- Assists lower level team members; acts as mentor and provides guidance. May supervise/direct the work of others.
- Strong working knowledge of switching, routing, and networking concepts.
- Strong working knowledge of Cisco Firewalls or similar perimeter security tools and design concepts.
- Strong working knowledge of Cisco Voice Over IP and Unity voice mail systems maintenance, installation and administration.
- Strong working knowledge of Network monitoring and management tools – preferably NetQoS.
- Strong working knowledge of Internet networking technologies and principals including TCP/IP, DHCP and DNS.
- Experience working with various data and voice service providers, provisioning circuits and other data and voice services.
- Strong experience with design and installation of networking services.
- Strong experience in developing and executing project plans and tasks for implementation and transition of services.
- Ability to provide after-hours/on call support as part of mandatory network support program in rotation with other team members.
Does this Sound like you? Send a Word formatted resume to firstname.lastname@example.org