Job ID: #93364
MOUNTAIN, LTD. is seeking a IT/NOC Tech to work In Bangor, Maine!
MOUNTAIN, LTD. is a telecommunications service provider that has been in the industry for over 40 years. We are a proven leader in engineering solutions and recruitment with a record of success with both clients and candidates looking for the best jobs in the field. Our teams strengthen the infrastructure of our client base by specializing in outside/inside plant engineering, design, permitting, right of way, CAD drafting, and project management. MOUNTAIN, LTD. offers an excellent compensation package that includes health and retirement benefits. We are dedicated to delivering our mission and commitment to clients and employees.
We are seeking a skilled Network Operations Helpdesk Technician with IT support skills to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing technical support to end-users, monitoring network performance, and resolving network issues. They will work closely with the IT department to ensure that all technical issues are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide technical support to internal and external end-users via phone, email, or in-person.
- Configure and deploy new laptops, desktop computers and network equipment as needed.
- Install operating system software, office applications and communications software.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot issues to ensure smooth operations.
- Manage and maintain network equipment, including routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Work to ensure that all technical issues are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Document all incidents and resolutions in the ticketing system.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks, such as software updates and patch management.
- Ensure the security and integrity of the network and data.
- Keep up-to-date with emerging technologies and trends in network operations and IT support.
- In-depth knowledge of computer hardware and software, including Windows operating systems.
- Proficient in troubleshooting desktop computer issues, such as hardware failures, software crashes, and virus/malware infections.
- Familiarity with network protocols, network security, and firewalls.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, LDAP, and Group Policy administration.
- Familiarity with ticketing systems and help desk software.
- Experience with network monitoring and troubleshooting tools, such as running packet captures, configuring, and reading ICMP and SNMP monitors and graphs.
- Experience with network security, firewalls, and intrusion detection systems.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or experience in a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in network operations or IT support.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to explain technical issues in non-technical terms to clients.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
This is a full-time position, requiring work on nights and weekends
Thank you for your interest in MOUNTAIN, LTD. For more career opportunities, please visit us at www.mountainltd.com