Job ID: #87449
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for an Contract Litigation Counsel in Boston, MA area.
Since 1979, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has successfully created and supported the most innovative career pathways for job seekers. Our dedicated internal vendor management has a longstanding relationship across diverse industries, ranging from telecom to insurance. In the evolving landscape of employment, MOUNTAIN has relationships with some of the top companies across the nation.
What will you be doing?
- Use Litigation Protocols to develop and revise appropriate legal strategy for discovery, investigation, handling and trial/hearing of cases or matters; advises, communicates and develops those strategies with Claims Representatives and insured Clients, as appropriate.
- Understands and creatively uses technology; applies technology to the process of law to improve quality and reduce cost.
- Possesses the skills necessary to use technology to work remotely.
- Capable of working with office staff who are remotely located.
- Conducts necessary and appropriate discovery, hearings, trials, depositions, oral arguments, mediations, arbitrations and similar proceedings.
- Researches the law applicable to cases or matters; drafts legal documents, pleadings, motions, briefs and opinions as required.
- If requested, conducts settlement negotiations.
- Advises, communicates and confers with Claims Representatives and Insured Clients, rendering clear, unambiguous legal opinions and advice.
- Personally meets with, and maintains good relations and communications with Claims Representatives and Insured Clients as required.
- Remains current with developments in the law; understands medical, scientific, construction, products, engineering or similar issues and defenses involved with cases or matters.
- Prepares and conducts training sessions for the Legal, Claims or other departments as required.
- 3 years of experience
- Insurance defense and civil litigation experience
- 75% local travel (courts & law offices within MA), must have reliable transportation
Please send a Word formatted resume to firstname.lastname@example.org