Network Operation Center (NOC)
Rocky Mount, NC
Job ID: #88486
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for a Contract NOC (Network Operation Center) in Rocky Mount, NC area.
Since 1979, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has successfully created and supported the most innovative career pathways for job seekers. Our dedicated internal vendor management has a longstanding relationship across diverse industries, ranging from telecom to insurance. In the evolving landscape of employment, MOUNTAIN has relationships with some of the top companies across the nation.
- First Shift Support – 8:00 am 5:00 pm
Required Education and Certifications
- Bachelors degree or equivalent education and work-related experience.
- Preferred: Active Cisco CCNA Collab or CCNP Collab certification or demonstrate equivalent technical support experience.
- Cisco Unified Communications System configuration and management, including CUCM, CUC, UCCX, and CER
- 5 – 8 years NOC experience supporting IP network operations centers.
- This position requires solid interpersonal skills & a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a large technical support team!
- Interfaces directly with various CenturyLink departments in maintaining customer network resiliency and while supporting reported network issues.
- Must maintain the ability to self-manage assigned job role responsibilities to achieve desired performance results.
- Acts as liaison between the customer and other network vendors or service providers while supporting high-level or escalated support issues.
- Candidate must possess solid written & verbal communication skills. Demonstrates prior experience interacting with customers.
- Candidate demonstrates experience in the use of personal computers, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficiency with presentations to technical and non-technical audiences; must be able to translate technical terms and concepts to non-technical entities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute multiple tasks in a rapidly changing work environment.
- Candidate demonstrates the ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex network issues related to their support roles. (R/S, Security, VoIP etc.)
What will you be doing?
- Provides off-hours on-call support on a rotating basis with engineering peers. (including holidays & weekends.
- Configures and maintains installed systems to meet customer requirements.
- Performs various troubleshoots tasks while seeking to provide resolution for voice or data network performance and interoperability problems.
- Identifies capacity and performance issues to ensure continued, uninterrupted operation of supported network hardware and related systems.
- Installs and maintains various network infrastructures, providing support to design, installation and maintenance for new and existing installations.
- Manages daily service request workloads using various ticket management systems and call center applications.
- Act as technical escalation to provide mentoring activities for tier I and II operational support. This may include leading various KT (knowledge transfer) training sessions.
- Provides high-level technical support for configurations, troubleshooting, and service restoration while interfacing directly with equipment vendors and customer.
- Provide primary Engineering design and configuration for moderately complex network solutions to meet with customer’s goals and technical requirements.
- Acts as technical project resource and provides technical leadership to lower tier team members.
- Works with product teams to performs required research, development, and design for the planning and introduction of new products or service offerings.
- Supports the creation of and maintains departmental methods of procedure (MOPs) and related documentation as needed.
- Work with Lead Engineers on technical methods, procedures, and assisting with complex technical solution designs.
- Assist Lead Engineers with review of networks to include planning, designing, evaluating, selecting operating systems and various protocol suites.
- Supports system configuration and management of VoIP systems, including CUCM, CUC, UCCX, Expressway, Jabber & CER Programming, and management isolation of network outage causes and service restorations including understanding QOS operational characteristics.
- Background supporting an HCS environment is a plus
- Background supporting Data Center environments a plus
- Evaluate new technical requirements for compatibility with deployed system designs.
- Supports the technical direction of organization, standards, and tests systems & hardware to ensure interoperability.
- Performs validation of features and functions.
- Collaborate closely with the NOC to transition support of any newly on-boarded HCS customers.
Does this sound like you?
Send a Word formatted resume to firstname.lastname@example.org