Nurse Manager- ER
Pine Bluff, AR
Job ID: #90091
- Delegating duties appropriately and directing staff in the delivery of care.
- Assuring the appropriate utilization of resources.
- Maintains staffing at an appropriate level.
- Ensure all department staff will be informed of policies and procedures, and establish an environment of compliance.
- Assuring the financial control of department.
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of the drivers of the hospital revenues and expenses, reimbursements, and profits when making business decisions affecting the unit as evidenced by review of specific benchmarks.
- Conduct twelve month department meetings annually.
- Collaborating with medical staff and others in the provision of care.
- Completes clinical rounds at least three times per week on all patients, documenting concerns and actions as necessary.
- The Nurse Manager must be sensitive to the needs of patients, families, and fellow co-workers.
- Current RN licensure by the Arkansas State Board of Nursing.
- BSN required.
- Graduate from an approved school of Nursing.
- 3-5 years clinical management or supervisory experience.
- CPR certification required for all Registered Nurses prior to working on the unit and must maintain every 2 years.
- ACLS required within one year and must achieve BLS instructor status within one year of employment.
- Able to apply principles of shift/unit management, personnel supervision, teaching and budget.