Geneva , NY
Job ID: #89895
Joule Healthcare is seeking an experienced, innovative and service oriented individual to lead the Medical-Telemetry Unit and Out-patient Behavior Health Unit at a Critical Access hospital in Upstate NY. The successful candidate's responsibilities include organizing, directing, developing and implementing a strategic business plan, programs and services, service enhancements, quality initiatives, productivity and efficiency initiatives and productive relationships.
Minimum: Graduate of an accredited school of Registered Professional Nursing. Bachelor's of Science in Nursing required; Master's Degree in Nursing, Management or related field required or in active pursuit.
Current New York State Registered Professional Nurse licensure.
Minimum: Five years acute care experience as a Registered Nurse. Three years experience at a clinical leadership/management level with evidence of progressive responsibility. Demonstrates knowledge in the area of nursing theory, professional practice and healthcare operations.
Preferred: Prior Director of Nursing experience in an acute care setting.
Minimum: Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a complex, multi-entity, multi-cultural health system. Ability to facilitate project management, work effectively under pressure, meet deadlines, manage multiple priorities and enhance the spirit of teamwork through effective role modeling. Familiarity with JCAHO requirements. Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication (written and oral), analytical, and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with the public in a professional and courteous manner. Computer literacy required with word processing, spreadsheets.
Preferred: Experience with Microsoft Office products including word, excel and power point, Meditech.
Abilities and Additional Skills
· Outstanding work ethic and commitment to quality
· Strong management skills and a leadership style that is inclusive but demands accountability.
· Extensive experience partnering with other healthcare professionals and a record of building and maintaining trusting and collaborative relationships.
· Ability to adapt to change, create an environment that supports change and resolve conflict and lead change.
· Ability to lead, coach and mentor others, ensuring timely and appropriate performance management, conflict resolution and high employee engagement.
· Superior communication, facilitation, negotiation and listening skills. Must be able to foster open communication and be open and receptive to the ideas and suggestions of others.
· Excellent analytical, critical/creative thinking and problem solving skills.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Strong financial management skills including healthcare reimbursement.
· Strong program development, project management and information technology skills.
· In depth knowledge of industry standards and clinical best practices and trends.
· Candidate must have the ability to flex his/her hours to meet the demands of the organization.
· Candidate must have the ability to work at multiple locations.
Compensation and Benefits
A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package is provided. Relocation assistance will be offered as appropriate.
Apply today to learn more!