OSP Design Engineer
Job ID: #90404
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for an OSP Design Engineer working in the Denver, CO area or remotely!
Since 1979, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has successfully created and supported turnkey engineering solutions for traditional and wireless telecom providers across the United States. We are a national leader in the industry, providing high-quality engineering, on-time service delivery, and skilled personnel paired with innovative technology and creative solutions. Specialties include OSP/ISP engineering, design, permitting, right-of-way and CAD for traditional and wireless telecommunications companies.
The OSP Design Engineer is responsible for design engineering functions specific to the implementation of Outside Plant Network copper and fiber, aerial and underground, within a specific geographic region. This position will prepare work order packages which may include detailed field notes, staking, cut sheets, schematics, and permit/easement/private ROW details. The OSP Design Engineer should be familiar with the OSP engineering process from planning to construction and will have the ability to provide cost effective solutions for the placement of communications facilities.
- Issues engineering work packages including prints
- Authors and provides approval documents using proprietary systems
- Confirms engineering records and systems remain accurate for the geographic region
- Ensures all specifications and construction requirements for cable placing, splicing, equipment selection, safety, commercial building applications and conduit systems are followed
- Certifies all new developments have sufficient facilities
- Pro-active in anticipating and initiating jobs so they are complete when the customer wants the service
- CAD design experience required
- Knowledge of RUS (Rural Utility Standards) coding & National Electric Safety Code (NESC) Standards a plus
- Experience with permits, easements, ROW regulations, fiber optic and copper cables
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to accurately report on all stages of project
- Must have a high level of initiative and follow-up support capability working with limited supervision
- Strong interpersonal & verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Comfortable working with tight deadlines
Thank you for your interest in MOUNTAIN, LTD. For more career opportunities, please visit us at www.mountainltd.com