Job ID: #85917
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for an OSP Engineer for a major company working in the Columbia, SC area.
MOUNTAIN, LTD.™ is a telecommunications service provider that has been in the industry for nearly 40 years. We are a proven leader in engineering solutions and recruitment with a record for success with both clients and candidates looking for the best jobs in the field. Our teams strengthen the infrastructure of our client base by specializing in outside/inside plant engineering, design, permitting, right of way, CAD drafting and project management. MOUNTAIN, LTD.™ offers an excellent compensation package that includes health and retirement benefits. We are dedicated to deliver our mission and commitment to clients and employees.
The OSP Engineer will perform detailed outside plant facility engineering tasks that include estimating, analyzing, designing, planning, budget tracking estimates against actual costs for copper and fiber cables, poles, direct buried and conduit systems. Qualified individual will be responsible for preparing and interpreting engineering plans, drawings and reports; preparing loop loss design for load and repeater electronics, planning and designing field mounted switch serving areas, performing pole, conduit and buried facility design measurements to support company and industry OSP design standards and economic feasibility studies. This position is responsible for specific job budget development and tracking.
- Responsible for periodic job inspections and quality control.
- Electronic and manual mapping data input in ILEC and CLEC markets.
- Responsible for all ILEC and CLEC new service requests.
- Copper and fiber cable field design, cost estimating, splicing sequences, and planning and design loss calculations.
- CAD and manual mapping/drafting, ICMS records updates and research, and permits.
- Associates degree in electronics or technical field and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 4 years OSP construction and/or splicing or 6 years telephony experience
- Must be familiar with the industry, OSP construction and splicing methods and procedures
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must have good mathematical aptitude
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and to manage multiple job budgets
- Must have can do attitude to negotiate and influence property owners and customer decisions relating to easement and land acquisitions
- Strong computer skills
- Strong analytical skills
For consideration please email your resume to tetonjobs@MountainLtd.com or call 800-322-8627.