OSP Engineer I
Rupert and Parsons area, WV
Job ID: #88814
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for OSP Engineers in West Virginia.
Since 1979, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has successfully created and supported turnkey engineering solutions for traditional and wireless telecom providers across the United States. We are a national leader in the industry, providing high-quality engineering, on-time service delivery, and skilled personnel paired with innovative technology and creative solutions. Specialties include OSP/ISP engineering, design, permitting, right-of-way and CAD for traditional and wireless telecommunications companies.
The OSP Engineer I will perform all aspects of OSP engineering including but not limited to engineering of line extensions for service order activity, pole replacements, facility installations and facility relocation. The OSP Engineer I's duties will include OSP staking, work order package preparation including but not limited to field notes, cut sheets, schematics, and acquiring permits and private rights-of-way. The OSP Engineer I will be familiar with OSP design and planning, construction, and have the ability to perform cost analysis to determine the most cost effective and efficient manner of the placement of communications facilities.
The OSP Engineer I will be proficient in an approved mapping or landbase system identified by the local Client representative, be familiar with relational databases and be capable of entering data in an approved mapping software system as identified by the local Client representative in order to create staking sheets for related project(s) and to serve as a pre-post to Company’s records. The OSP Engineer I will also be proficient in Windows operating system environment.
- Ability to identify existing telephone plant, electric, and other utilities on the site plans as well as in the field
- Ability to indicate existing telephone plant location and relocate facilities
- Knowledge of obtaining right of ways and easements where required
- Must be capable of engineering routine and specific COE/OSP work orders
- Must have a functional knowledge of COE/OSP principles, work order procedures, telephone industry standards, PC applications, and COE/OSP record and/or computer aided drafting systems
- Must have own tools such as a measuring wheel, height stock, pull finder, laptop, etc.
Thank you for your interest in MOUNTAIN, LTD. For more career opportunities, please visit us at www.mountainltd.com