OSP Engineer (Remote)
Job ID: #89716
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for Remote OSP Engineer.
Since 1979, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has successfully created and supported turnkey engineering solutions for traditional and wireless telecom providers across the United States. We are a national leader in the industry, providing high-quality engineering, on-time service delivery, and skilled personnel paired with innovative technology and creative solutions. Specialties include OSP/ISP engineering, design, permitting, right-of-way and CAD for traditional and wireless telecommunications companies.
The OSP Engineer performs detailed outside plant facility engineering tasks that includes estimating, analyzing, designing, planning, budget tracking estimates against actual costs for copper and fiber cables, poles, direct buried and conduit systems.
The OSP Engineer will work off field notes and develop complete engineering design.
- Must have design engineering experience in FROGS
- Working knowledge of aerial & underground OSP plant
- Working knowledge of FTTx
- Ability to identify existing telephone plant, electric, and other utilities on the site plans as well as in the field
- Ability to indicate existing telephone plant location and relocate facilities
- Knowledge of obtaining right of ways and easements where required
- Must be capable of engineering routine and specific OSP work orders
- Must have a functional knowledge of OSP principles, work order procedures, telephone industry standards, PC applications, and OSP record and/or computer aided drafting systems
- Required Tools: Laptop / desktop computer (windows based)
Thank you for your interest in MOUNTAIN, LTD. For more career opportunities, please visit us at www.mountainltd.com