OSP Fiber Engineer
White Plains, NY
Job ID: #91386
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for an OSP Fiber Engineer supporting the Westchester County area!
Since 1979, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has successfully created and supported turnkey engineering solutions for traditional and wireless telecom providers across the United States. We are a national leader in the industry, providing high-quality engineering, on-time service delivery, and skilled personnel paired with innovative technology and creative solutions. Specialties include OSP/ISP engineering, design, permitting, right-of-way and CAD for traditional and wireless telecommunications companies.
The OSP Fiber Engineer is responsible for all aspects of telecommunication construction projects which may include; vendor selection on-site management, coordination of subcontractors, OEM installers and customer representatives, with a main focus on Small Cell Design Drawings. The ideal candidate will represent the Company as the expert on construction issues relating to the new or modifying installation of the infrastructure and equipment related to coverage. This may include the planning for and oversight of work on small cells, in-building iDAS, and public right-of-way oDAS. Ensures all assigned projects are completed according to mutually agreed upon timeline and budget of customer and the Company. Ensures all work is conducted in accordance with Company policies and procedures in support of Company objectives.
- Directly advise and influence decisions of direct and upstream management and Project Managers in all aspects of construction work.
- Actively participate in and make recommendations in Vendor selection process.
- Attend deployment and other customer meetings as subject matter expert for the Company.
- Develop customer relationships that may result in influencing customers to award service work to the Company.
- Create bill of materials (BOM) and validate gaps during site walks in order to properly drive successful material procurement.
- Make regular trips to sites during construction including: bid walk, pre-construction walk, in progress site visits, and construction closeout. Provide direction to general contractors aligned to job specifications.
- Order and manage equipment and material for assigned projects.
- Understand prevailing rates for all construction work and ensure the Company is receiving competitive rates for quality work.
- Ensure Team Management, Project Managers, and customers are aware of issues that will impact project completion or cost.
- Responsible to problem solve issues that may occur onsite and make recommendations based on priority and need to ensure the project and budget are maintained.
- Ensure that all jobs are maintained in our project tracking system with complete accuracy.
- Be available as an escalation point to engage General Contractors on corrective actions post internal closeout review.
- High School degree
- A valid driver’s license required
- Minimum three (3) + years of telecommunications/wireless construction experience
- Ability to read and understand Small Cell Construction Designs/Drawings
- Knowledge of Outside Plant Construction techniques (aerial & underground) for SCS
- Familiarity with test equipment and techniques for performing RF Sweep test, OTDR, Power Meter and Passive Intermodulation (PIM) testing.
- Working knowledge of NESC, NEC and OSHA standards.
- Knowledge of budget development and execution
- Knowledge of construction management process
- Knowledge of site acquisition procedures, including regulatory and permitting process
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Knowledge of Fiber Optic Networking
- Ability to direct and diagnose work flow problems, critical paths and institute remedies
- Customer service orientation with a strong problem solving approach – strong interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills – MS office and project management software knowledge
Thank you for your interest in MOUNTAIN, LTD. For more career opportunities, please visit us at www.mountainltd.com