OSP Field / Design Engineer
Job ID: #84988
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for an OSP Field / Design Engineer in the Parkersburg, WV.
Since 1979, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has successfully created and supported turnkey engineering solutions for traditional and wireless telecom providers across the United States. We are a national leader in the industry, providing high-quality engineering, on-time service delivery, and skilled personnel paired with innovative technology and creative solutions. Specialties include OSP/ISP engineering, design, permitting, right-of-way and CAD for traditional and wireless telecommunications companies.
OSP Field/ Design Engineer must have experience reading cable plat records, conduit records, engineering work orders, pole location records, and reading DOH site plans. The engineer will need to fully understand conduit design and pole line design including height requirements, facility separation requirements, cable sag, span lengths, pole sizing, guying and anchoring. The majority of this work will consist of CAF work, DOH relocations, Make Ready work, customer relocation work and provisioning for service orders.
- Identify existing telephone plant, electric, and other utilities on the site plans as well as in the field
- Number existing poles and new poles being placed
- Review the site plans
- Indicate existing telephone plant location and relocate facilities
- Coordinate with other utilities that are involved
- Obtain right of ways and easements where required
- Determine if any of the work is billable
- Size cable and possibly combine or downsize existing cables
- Must be capable of engineering routine and specific COE/OSP work orders
- Must have a functional knowledge of COE/OSP principles, work order procedures, telephone industry standards, PC applications, and COE/OSP record and/or computer aided drafting systems
- M6 / MetaSolv experience
- Must have own tools such as a measuring wheel, height stock, pull finder etc.
- Technical Savvy