OSP Field Engineer
Job ID: #88800
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for a OSP Field Engineer in Beaverton, OR.
Since 1979, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has successfully created and supported turnkey engineering solutions for traditional and wireless telecom providers across the United States. We are a national leader in the industry, providing high-quality engineering, on-time service delivery, and skilled personnel paired with innovative technology and creative solutions. Specialties include OSP/ISP engineering, design, permitting, right-of-way and CAD for traditional and wireless telecommunications companies.
The OSP Field Engineer is a subject matter expert of and for all technical aspects of outside plant facilities work such as but not limited to cable sizing, cable counts, cable records, permitting for right of ways and easements. This person provides frontline project management for all construction activities associated with outside plant facilities. This position also supports sales, marketing, operations and regulatory as needed.
- Make contact with landlords
- Look for opportunities to upgrade services
- Survey property
- Examples: Was a pipe put in? If not, what would it take to service? How is the inside wiring rigged and how is it terminated?
- Complete Survey forms in the field
- Identify type, location, count of Inside Wire
- Sketch MDU layout, MDF/IDF locations, distribution between buildings, etc.
- Familiarity with FTTP, GPON, FIOS, or other fiber distribution protocols is a bonus
- Quality detailed field notes
- Proficient computer skills
- Experience with fiber optic and copper cables
- Strong interpersonal skills for Interfacing with clients and property owners
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- CAD experience a plus
- Knowledge of National Electric Safety Code (NESC) Standards a plus
- OSP equipment such as height stick, measuring wheel, and other applicable tools.
- Windows-based laptop