OSP Field Engineer
Job ID: #92075
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for an NESC Inspector working in the LaGrande, OR area.
Since 1979, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has successfully created and supported turnkey engineering solutions for traditional and wireless telecom providers across the United States. We are a national leader in the industry, providing high-quality engineering, on-time service delivery, and skilled personnel paired with innovative technology and creative solutions. Specialties include OSP/ISP engineering, design, permitting, right-of-way and CAD for traditional and wireless telecommunications companies.
- Primarily responsible to ensure that all the client’s underground and aerial plant facilities meet the current NESC standards through auditing all NESC inspections, and corrections work performed by contractors.
- Expected to manage all imminent danger Priority A condition violations.
- This includes performing the preliminary inspection, identification of the most likely correction, issuing the correction to the approved contractor/engineer/arborist, auditing the correction work or rework, and reporting the completed correction.
- Manage all foreign owned Pole Transfers (PT’s).
- This includes performing the preliminary inspection, identifying if the pole is ready for transfer, referring poles not ready for transfer to engineering or other utilities, issuing the pole transfer to the approved contractor, auditing the completed transfer, and reporting the completed transfer.
- Document all inspections, audits, and pole transfers electronically, and be expected to communicate via email, and cellular phone.
- At times it may be necessary to perform inspections, audits, and transfers manually using printed spreadsheets.
- Previous experience performing NESC inspections or experience working on an aerial cable line crew is preferred.
- Previous experience performing wooden pole Groundline inspections.
- Familiarity with the National Electric Safety Code.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Windows OS, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Familiar and comfortable with internet usage, and web page browsing.
- Good communication skills.
- Personal time management and organization skills.
- Construction contractor management skills.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel on short notice.
Thank you for your interest in MOUNTAIN, LTD. For more career opportunities, please visit us at www.mountainltd.com