OSP Field Engineer
Oregon City, OR
Job ID: #94154
MOUNTAIN, LTD. is seeking a Field Engineer in Oregon City, OR.
MOUNTAIN, LTD. is a telecommunications service provider that has been in the industry for over 40 years. We are a proven leader in engineering solutions and recruitment with a record for success with both clients and candidates looking for the best jobs in the field. Our teams strengthen the infrastructure of our client base by specializing in outside/inside plant engineering, design, permitting, right of way, CAD drafting and project management. MOUNTAIN, LTD. offers an excellent compensation package that includes health and retirement benefits. We are dedicated to deliver our mission and commitment to clients and employees.
The OSP Engineer/Fielder performs detailed outside plant facility engineering tasks that includes estimating, analyzing, designing, planning, budget tracking estimates against actual costs for copper and fiber cables, poles, direct buried and conduit systems. This position is responsible for preparing and interpreting engineering designs, drawings and reports; plan and design field mounted switch serving areas, perform pole, conduit and buried facility design measurements to support company and industry OSP design standards and economic feasibility studies.
Performs duties such as collecting field data, preparing/organizing permit packages for submittal to the appropriate entities, maintaining complex files, keeping records, searching, and investigating information contained in files.
Responsible for understanding and design network elements providing Fiber to the Home, Copper DSL, Metro-E Ethernet, TDM, Sonet, and fiber solutions.
This position will require extensive time in the field collecting data for designing fiber routes per planning provided by the client.
- Ability to identify existing voice/data plant, electric, and other utilities on the site plans as well as in the field
- Ability to indicate existing voice/data plant location and relocate facilities and knowledge of obtaining right of ways and easements where required
- Must have experience developing and managing OSP Engineering projects
- Must be capable of engineering F1 & F2 Fiber Solutions.
- Must have expert knowledge of COE/OSP principles, voice/data industry standards, PC applications, and COE/OSP record and/or computer aided drafting systems
- Must have own tools such as a measuring wheel, height stock, laptop, etc.
- Experience with the local networks is a plus but not required.
- Experience/Understanding with the National Electric Safety Code (NESC) for engineering requirements.
- Working experience with performing wooden pole ground line inspections without supervision.
- Proficient with OSP Construction Standards
- Working Experience with the National Electric Safety Code.
- Capable of reading and interpreting engineering drawings, legal descriptions, plant symbols, and terminology.
- Computer experience:
- Microsoft Windows XP, Excel 2003 or newer and Outlook
- Microsoft MapPoint 2009 or newer is preferred, but not required.
- Familiar and comfortable with internet usage, and web page browsing.
- Good communication skills.
- Personal time management and organization skills.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel on short notice.
Thank you for your interest in MOUNTAIN, LTD. For more career opportunities please visit us at www.mountainltd.com