OSP Field Engineer
Coos Bay, OR
Job ID: #89387
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for a OSP Field Engineer in Coastal OR.
Since 1979, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has successfully created and supported turnkey engineering solutions for traditional and wireless telecom providers across the United States. We are a national leader in the industry, providing high-quality engineering, on-time service delivery, and skilled personnel paired with innovative technology and creative solutions. Specialties include OSP/ISP engineering, design, permitting, right-of-way and CAD for traditional and wireless telecommunications companies.
The OSP Field Engineer is responsible for the application engineering of outside plant in a local serving exchange environment. Subject matter expert of and for all technical aspects of outside plant facilities work such as but not limited to cable sizing, cable counts, cable records, permitting for right of ways and easements. This position works as a team member with Network Planning, Central Office, Transmission and Operations to support the growth, replacements, and upgrades of telecommunications plant facilities. This person provides frontline project management for all construction activities associated with outside plant facilities. This position also supports sales, marketing, operations and regulatory as needed.
- Subdivision fielding & recording field notes
- Meet with client and property owners in the field, maintaining an excellent level of service.
- Drafts detailed, clean, and accurate field notes.
- Provides timely project updates to the Client and Project Managers
- Quality detailed field notes
- Proficient computer skills
- Experience with fiber optic and copper cables
- Strong interpersonal skills for Interfacing with clients and property owners
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- CAD experience a plus
- Knowledge of National Electric Safety Code (NESC) Standards a plus
- OSP equipment such as height stick, measuring wheel, and other applicable tools.
- Windows-based laptop