OSP Field Engineer
Job ID: #92303
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for an OSP Field Engineer in South Carolina!
Since 1979, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has successfully created and supported turnkey engineering solutions for traditional and wireless telecom providers across the United States. We are a national leader in the industry, providing high-quality engineering, on-time service delivery, and skilled personnel paired with innovative technology and creative solutions. Specialties include OSP/ISP engineering, design, permitting, right-of-way and CAD for traditional and wireless telecommunications companies.
The OSP Engineer will perform all facets of field engineering, including but not limited to gathering field notes and creating staking sheets for greenfield and brownfield FTTH deployments, collecting extremely accurate span measurements for aerial plant design, noting make ready adjustments, verifying pole information (class, size, date, pole #, condition), ensuring NESC compliances are met in the field, verifying and annotating duct availability in existing pedestals and vaults, collecting and providing accurate measurements for buried fiber optic facility placement, and verifying/recording all addresses, MDU unit counts, and commercial building information as part of the detailed field collection process.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with aerial, buried, and underground engineering practices as they relate to FTTH industry design standards.
- Provide detailed OSP staking sheets and work order packages consisting of field notes, post field designs, aerial and buried field data, schematics, address verifications, and permit/ private rights-of-way acquisition information.
- Ability to interpret CAD and GIS information from pre-field FTTH prints and turn these layouts into detailed field notes containing all of the necessary information for final design
- Responsible for the field verification of remote designs to ensure compliance with all customer fiber design parameters (clearances, port sizes, drop lengths, vault locations, strand placement, overlash opportunities, FDH placement, and distribution layouts)
- Make engineering recommendations based on field analysis to assist the design engineer in the development of new feeder routes and distribution DA’s
- Ability to identify existing telephone plant, electric, and other utilities on the site plans as well as in the field
- Must be capable of collecting all relevant field engineering data based on first-hand account of field conditions and provide hyper-accurate and relevant design information for the desktop teams doing final design
- Have an understanding of best practice FTTH design methodologies to help determine the most efficient and cost-effective placement of communications facilities
- Experience performing the necessary research, creating field notes, and submitting detailed permit drawings
- Previous experience collecting detailed OSP field notes, staking sheets, and site survey information
- Experience with landbase and GIS research to gather and submit the necessary design, address, and permitting information
- Previous experience in aerial, buried and underground outside plant engineering; construction experience is a plus
- OSP experience in a fiber environment
- FTTH Experience preferred, experience with FlexNap a plus
- Strong communication and computer skills
- Previous experience in a multi-tasking, results oriented position in a deadline focused department
- A solid and diverse fielding background
- Good computer skills
- Must perform work with minimal supervision for a designated area, including potential for any special projects as determined by management within the company
- Tools Required: reliable transportation, laptop, measuring wheel, height stick
Thank you for your interest in MOUNTAIN, LTD. For more career opportunities, please visit us at www.mountainltd.com