OSP Field Engineer
St. Louis, MO
Job ID: #91282
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for an OSP Field Engineer working in the St. Louis, MO area!
Since 1979, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has successfully created and supported turnkey engineering solutions for traditional and wireless telecom providers across the United States. We are a national leader in the industry, providing high-quality engineering, on-time service delivery, and skilled personnel paired with innovative technology and creative solutions. Specialties include OSP/ISP engineering, design, permitting, right-of-way and CAD for traditional and wireless telecommunications companies.
The OSP Field Engineer will perform field audits of existing client facilities including underground span footages, aerials span footages, and confirming make/model of all associated field equipment. This position will verify, notate, and correct client provided maps, distances between poles, and equipment/line information. Data will be collected from the ground, edited using Bluebeam or similar program, and submitted electronically each week.
- Utilize, clearly update, and ensure accuracy of all documentation provided by client
- Identify all OSP field equipment, specifically any new plant or areas with .412 cable present
- Clearly & accurately notate any discrepancies between documentation provided and what is present in the field
- Ability to identify all equipment on polls, measure heights of attachments, and provide span lengths
- Submit documents electronically each week with clear, legible, & accurate corrections of both existing & new equipment
- Complete walkout of a minimum of 10 miles per week
- Travel is required up to 90 minutes outside of St. Louis
- Previous OSP fieldwork experience preferred
- Ability to accurately and clearly notate documentation provided and report findings
- Strong interpersonal skills to interface with clients and property owners
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Knowledge of National Electric Safety Code (NESC) Standards
Thank you for your interest in MOUNTAIN, LTD. For more career opportunities, please visit us at www.mountainltd.com