OSP Field Engineer I
Job ID: #88294
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for an OSP Field Engineer I in the Omaha, NE area.
Since 1979, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has successfully created and supported turnkey engineering solutions for traditional and wireless telecom providers across the United States. We are a national leader in the industry, providing high-quality engineering, on-time service delivery, and skilled personnel paired with innovative technology and creative solutions. Specialties include OSP/ISP engineering, design, permitting, right-of-way and CAD for traditional and wireless telecommunications companies.
The OSP Engineer is responsible for the application engineering of telecommunications outside plant in a local serving exchange environment. Subject matter expert of and for all technical aspects of outside plant facilities work such as but not limited to cable sizing, cable counts, cable records, permitting for right of ways and easements. This position works as a team member with Network Planning, Central Office, Transmission and Operations to support the growth, replacements and upgrades of telecommunications plant facilities. This person provides frontline project management for all construction activities associated with outside plant facilities. The OSP Engineer also supports sales, marketing, operations and regulatory as needed.
- Engineering of line extensions for service order activity
- Pole replacements, facility installations, and facility relocation.
- May include OSP staking
- Work order package preparation including but not limited to field notes, cut sheets, schematics, and acquiring permits and private rights-of-way.
- Customer interfacing
- Fieldwork, and Site Survey experience
- Previous experience in a multi-tasking, results oriented position in a deadline focused department
- Previous experience in aerial, buried and underground outside plant; construction experience is a plus
- Strong communication and computer skills
- OSP experience
- A solid and diverse fielding background
- Good computer skills
- Must perform work in designated areas, with minimal supervision
Thank you for your interest in MOUNTAIN, LTD. For more career opportunities, please visit us at www.mountainltd.com