OSP Field Engineer I
Job ID: #88179
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for an OSP Field Engineer I for a major company working in the Athens, OH area.
MOUNTAIN, LTD. is a telecommunications service provider that has been in the industry for nearly 40 years. We are a proven leader in engineering solutions and recruitment with a record for success with both clients and candidates looking for the best jobs in the field. Our teams strengthen the infrastructure of our client base by specializing in outside/inside plant engineering, design, permitting, right of way, CAD drafting and project management. MOUNTAIN, LTD. offers an excellent compensation package that includes health and retirement benefits. We are dedicated to deliver our mission and commitment to clients and employees.
The OSP Field Engineer I must have experience reading cable plat records, conduit records, engineering work orders, pole location records, and reading DOH site plans. The engineer will need to fully understand conduit design and pole line design including height requirements, facility separation requirements, cable sag, span lengths, pole sizing, guying and anchoring.
- Identify existing telephone plant, electric, and other utilities on the site plans as well as in the field
- Number existing poles and new poles being placed
- Review the site plans
- Indicate existing telephone plant location and relocate facilities
- Coordinate with other utilities that are involved
- Obtain right of ways and easements where required
- Determine if any of the work is billable
- Size cable and possibly combine or downsize existing cables
- Must be capable of engineering routine and specific COE/OSP w work orders
- Must have a functional knowledge of COE/OSP principles, w work order procedures, telephone industry standards, PC applications, and COE/OSP record and/or computer aided drafting systems
For consideration please email your resume to tetonjobs@MountainLtd.com or call 800-322-8627.