Fort Myers, FL
Job ID: #92277
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for an OSP Fielder in Southwest FL!
Since 1979, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has successfully created and supported turnkey engineering solutions for traditional and wireless telecom providers across the United States. We are a national leader in the industry, providing high-quality engineering, on-time service delivery, and skilled personnel paired with innovative technology and creative solutions. Specialties include OSP/ISP engineering, design, permitting, right-of-way and CAD for traditional and wireless telecommunications companies.
The OSP Fielder provides a highly-detailed collection of information from the job site. This position requires a working level of knowledge in all technical aspects of OSP fiber networks.
- Identify, photograph, and sketch detailed information as required
- Capture accurate measurements
- Deliver detailed field notes & photographs to the engineering team.
- Identification of any potential issues with proposed routes.
- Understanding of OSP construction techniques.
- Ability to read and understand maps, conduit records, and layout drawings.
- Be able to effectively utilize tools
- Capability of managing own workload and prioritizing multiple assignments
- 2+ years of experience in fiber-optic/telecommunications/telecom construction industry
- Knowledge of outside plant activities
- Ability to read and understand as build prints, and be able to identify conflicts with existing outside plant facilities, select routing of lines and equipment required for projects
- Understanding of NESC and knowledge of OSP construction and engineering techniques.
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD (a plus)
- High School Diploma and or equivalent work experience
- Good organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn new systems and tools
- Resolve problems following standard practices, using judgment within defined policies and guidelines
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Thank you for your interest in MOUNTAIN, LTD. For more career opportunities, please visit us at www.mountainltd.com