Job ID: #89330
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for an OSP Planner to work Remote supporting the Kirkland, WA area.
Since 1979, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has successfully created and supported turnkey engineering solutions for traditional and wireless telecom providers across the United States. We are a national leader in the industry, providing high-quality engineering, on-time service delivery, and skilled personnel paired with innovative technology and creative solutions. Specialties include OSP/ISP engineering, design, permitting, right-of-way and CAD for traditional and wireless telecommunications companies.
The ideal candidate will be a telecommunications professional who will plan, support, engineer, and provide technical leadership in the development of highly complex networks. Must have a thorough functional knowledge of current telecommunications planning techniques to include the development of cost comparisons, planning studies, and related reports. As a requisite, the individual must also possess a thorough knowledge of outside plant engineering work, including the preparation of routine and specific outside plant work orders, related work order documentation, engineering records, and all other activities related to engineering design, administration and technical standards, as well as a working knowledge of PC applications and the mechanized support systems, inherent to the provisioning process.
- High Level Cost Analysis
- Completing desktop estimates of projects which will be used to determine if the project meets the customer cost criteria.
- Planning Research
- Reviewing OSP Records to determine location of the site, finding spare fibers for order, determination of where new structure will be placed, and origination of fiber feed; creating a new project number and entering required data in the face sheet with notes in proprietary systems; issuing an request for information consisting of an explicit request for field notes, address, and site survey.
- Planning Package Creation
- Review of site survey and notes to determine if necessary requests were met by the field engineer; check to ensure address is valid and work correct if necessary; create narrative; create costing tool showing projected expenditures; draw redlines.
- Final Package Handoff
- Handing off the package to engineering and the engineer which includes but is not limited to red lines, narrative, and itemized list.