OSP Planner II
Job ID: #94102
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for an OSP Planner to work Remotely!
Since 1979, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has successfully created and supported turnkey engineering solutions for traditional and wireless telecom providers across the United States. We are a national leader in the industry, providing high-quality engineering, on-time service delivery, and skilled personnel paired with innovative technology and creative solutions. Specialties include OSP/ISP engineering, design, permitting, right-of-way and CAD for traditional and wireless telecommunications companies.
Duties will include performing Capacity Provisioning Tactical Planning/Collocation process, including monitoring, timing, and sizing network additions of standard models and architectures. The Planner must ensure that the network is pre-provisioned to meet all customer requests for service and reduces cycle time for Tactical Planning/Collocation and Production, anticipates the capacity requirements in the network utilizing forecast data, existing network inventory data, strategic planning data, and standard architecture and models, and performs long-range forecasting and feeder route analysis and administration.
Responsible to understand and design network elements providing Fiber to the Home, Copper DSL, Metro-E Ethernet, TDM, Sonet, and fiber solutions. As such they will be required to interface with multiple groups and collaborate on intra- and inter-state designs for implementation. They will be expected to write projects implementing a solution and have a working knowledge of the equipment used to provide answers to questions regarding installation and function of the equipment when being placed in-service. They will also be required to understand circuit design, functionality of these devices and will be expected to understand and work in the system used for this purpose. This position will work with local retail, wholesale, and municipalities regularly.
- Technical degree or 2 year’s equivalent work experience
- OSP/telecommunication experience preferred
- Strong telecommunications background including knowledge in Planning infrastructure equipment and design
- Experience in Central Office/Outside Plant planning or design
- Successful use of mechanized tools for monitoring and current planning of the network in various systems
- ArcGIS/QGIS, FROGS, CAD, Google Earth, Fiber inventory systems, OSP Records, GAP (Geospatial system)
- Computer skills sufficient to work in a paperless environment
- Microsoft suite, SharePoint, PowerBi, Smartsheets
- Strong problem solving/process problem-solving background
- Field work may or may not be required
- Knowledge of client-specific systems required (Ethernet, Wave, PON delivery)
- Wire Center/Exchange planning/Inter-Office/ and/or Loop Electronics background Required