Outside Plant Technician
Job ID: #88365
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for an Outside Plant Technician in the Nobleboro, ME area.
Since 1979, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has successfully created and supported the most innovative career pathways for job seekers. Our dedicated internal vendor management has a longstanding relationship across diverse industries, ranging from telecom to insurance. In the evolving landscape of employment, MOUNTAIN has relationships with some of the top companies across the nation.
We are looking for a customer oriented Outside Plant Technician, whose duties would include installation and repair of customer premises equipment, diagnosing and repairing troubles in outside network, including telephone, IPTV and CATV.
· 1+ years of experience in a telecommunications plant environment
· CDL required
· Proficiency in English
· Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
· Customer service oriented
· Willingness to learn
· Willingness to participate in rotational “on-call” schedule to cover non-working hours
· Perform other technical tasks as necessary
What will you be doing?
· Diagnose and repair troubles at customer premises
· Diagnose and repair troubles in outside network
· Perform line work and groundwork as necessary
· Place and maintain cable in underground conduit systems
· Install and remove aerial cable
· Install and maintain pedestals, poles, carrier sites, and equipment at subscriber locations
· Splice, terminate and maintain cables, including fiber optic cable
· Identify counts and prepare groups of pairs for splicing
· Install and maintain Fiber to the Premises (FTTP)
· Make CATV installations, installing and properly grounding drop and inside coax, concealed wiring, plugs and jacks
· Troubleshoot problems in CATV installations and repairs
· Check and record proper readings; use test sets and interpret readings, localize trouble and determine necessary repairs
Does this Sound like you? Send a Word formatted resume to firstname.lastname@example.org