San Luis Obispo, CA
Job ID: #91279
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for a Permit Coordinator in the San Luis Obispo, CA, Southern Coast area!
Since 1979, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has successfully created and supported turnkey engineering solutions for traditional and wireless telecom providers across the United States. We are a national leader in the industry, providing high-quality engineering, on-time service delivery, and skilled personnel paired with innovative technology and creative solutions. Specialties include OSP/ISP engineering, design, permitting, right-of-way and CAD for traditional and wireless telecommunications companies.
The Fiber Permit Tech will play an important role in the team ensuring quality and timely deliveries of our services building fiber to our customers in the Southern Coast Area San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties. Under supervision prepare pole applications and ROW permits for approval by the permitting authority. Outside plant construction and project management skills with the ability to work independently, sufficient experience with computers and the ability to use the applicable software that is used enabling a successful fiber build.
- Complete estimates for enterprise commercial projects.
- Plan routes from the current network finding the best route to permit to the customer location
- Work with the construction lead.
- Prepare all permits for; Railroads, Caltrans, Cities, Counties and Utilities ensuring timely permit approval.
- Attend coordination and progress meetings.
- Under the direction of the Construction Lead perform site pre-inspections and post- construction audits.
- Work with many different resources; implementation team, network engineers, field personnel and contractors to ensure quality and timely delivery of our services.
- Learn how to prepare construction proposals for the sales team.
- Assist in troubleshooting fiber circuits and other services.
- Help the Construction Lead with as build documentation updating the Fiber Engineering Team.
- Work flexible hours, which would include nights and weekends.
- Maintain a positive attitude and strong work ethic that can provide high productivity with minimal supervision.
- Perform all work as necessary to conform to quality control guidelines (includes compliance with requirements outlined in applicable regulations such as: OSHA, FCC, NESC and NEC, GO 95, GO 128 etc ; as well as following procedures as outlined in the Installation, Technical, Operations, and Safety Manuals, and Employee Handbook).
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
- 5 years Cable Television or Telecommunications technical experience
- 7-10 years of experience in working and/or supervising a cable TV/telecommunications construction department
- Successful completion of the NCTI Service Technician course and/or SCTE Certification
- Knowledge of National Electrical Codes and G.O.95 and 128
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to supervise and motivate others
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, etc.)
- Knowledge of cable television products and services
- Vision ability; close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus
Thank you for your interest in MOUNTAIN, LTD. For more career opportunities, please visit us at www.mountainltd.com