Job ID: #82473
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for a Project Manager for a major company working in the Charlotte, NC area.
MOUNTAIN, LTD. is a telecommunications service provider that has been in the industry for nearly 40 years. We are a proven leader in engineering solutions and recruitment with a record for success with both clients and candidates looking for the best jobs in the field. Our teams strengthen the infrastructure of our client base by specializing in outside/inside plant engineering, design, permitting, right of way, CAD drafting and project management. MOUNTAIN, LTD. offers an excellent compensation package that includes health and retirement benefits. We are dedicated to deliver our mission and commitment to clients and employees.
The Project Manager will be providing project management oversight of multiple out-of-standard fiber build projects.
Essential job duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) regular, meaningful and timely order updates to the Customer as well as reports on key performance indicators for internal reviews.
The Project Manager will be monitoring project progress, risks to project success and the quality of the project and project delivery timelines. The Project Manager will be monitoring and reporting on project level activities which include but are not limited to engineering, permitting, procurement, construction and turn-up & hand-off and will be assessing resource loading and forecasting and will be assisting in assessing critical path risks to proactively identify and resolve potential issues before they become problems. This will be accomplished by leading efforts to gather all project level data, and report on project status to all stakeholders. Ultimately the Project Manager will be responsible for accurately forecasting service delivery which drives revenue generation for the Company.
- Customer interface on service delivery with timely and regular updates on progress, identification of risks and collaborative resolution of issues.
- Management oversight of assigned projects from inception to completion ensuring efficiency and completion within the Customer’s and Company’s expectations.
- Ensure that all projects are tracked in company accepted project management tools and maintenance of the tool(s) to perform the necessary tracking, analysis and reporting.
- Analysis and reporting on project status, key performance indicators including project risks with timely escalation of issues to the appropriate personnel.
- Lead regularly scheduled internal and external meetings with Construction, Field and Functional Team members to review the status of each project and facilitate adjustments as necessary to ensure timely project completion.
- Communicate and coordinate as needed with internal departments including escalation of unresolved issues as necessary to guarantee that project deadlines and customer commitments are met in a timely manner
- Travel as needed attend customer meetings to provide customer with comprehensive job status reports and resolve any conflicts or issues that arise.
- 8-10 years of fiber telecom project management experience preferred or project management experience in a related industry.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is a plus.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills to interact successfully with customers, management and team members to ensure that all project expectations are met.
- Proven ability to prioritize and re-prioritize as needed in a fast-paced working environment, especially when dealing with time sensitive issues and mandated deadlines.
- Proficient in overseeing the development and implementation of a broad set of plans and programs to meet the goals and priorities of the proposed telecom projects.
- Well-versed in planning and scheduling project timelines and milestones using appropriate project management tools.
- Deeply familiar with facilitating the definition of project missions, goals, tasks and resources, and effectively developing methods to monitor telecom projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficiency with Internet and Microsoft Office applications to include, but not limited to: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be detail oriented with good organizational and time management skills.
- Qualified to effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and efficient manner.
- Proven record of following a defined, agreed upon project management methodologies.
For consideration please email your resume to tetonjobs@MountainLtd.com or call 800-322-8627.