Sr. OSP Engineer
High Point, NC
Job ID: #92291
MOUNTAIN, LTD. is looking for a Senior OSP Engineer in High Point, NC
Since 1979, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has successfully created and supported turnkey engineering solutions for traditional and wireless telecom providers across the United States. We are a national leader in the industry, providing high-quality engineering, on-time service delivery, and skilled personnel paired with innovative technology and creative solutions. Specialties include OSP/ISP engineering, design, permitting, right-of-way and CAD for traditional and wireless telecommunications companies.
The Senior OSP Engineer performs detailed outside plant facility engineering tasks that includes estimating, analyzing, designing, planning, budget tracking estimates against actual costs for fiber cables, poles, conduit and manhole systems. Responsible for site surveys, preparing and interpreting engineering plans, drawings and reports; plan and design field mounted switch serving areas, perform pole, conduit and buried facility design measurements to support company and industry OSP design standards and economic feasibility studies. This role works directly with DOT, DOH, Railroads, Municipalities, Gas Companies, Pole Owners and all other utility owners as required.
- Conduct site surveys, fiber cable field design, cost estimating, splicing sequences, and planning and design loss calculations
- Provide oversight over contractor engineering firms and assist with the training of new employees
- CAD and manual mapping/drafting, permits, easements, plats for right of way agreements
- Estimating, cost studies, customer contacts, negotiating land acquisitions for easements and access agreements. Prepare and or review job packages. Managing/coordinating permits for poles, third party make ready, Railroad, DOT, DOH and Municipality permits
- Specific job budget development and tracking
- Periodic job inspections and quality control
- Electronic and manual mapping data input in Company markets
- Managing new service requests for FTTP and copper services
- Monitor work queues, coordination of engineering projects and obtaining feedback from project engineers and contractors, assist with special projects, conduct team meetings in the office they support, assist with training of new employees and contractors to assure consistence and standards are followed.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as needed
- College degree in electronics or technical field and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 8 years OSP engineering/construction and/or splicing or 8 years telephony experience
- Must be familiar with company and industry OSP engineering/construction and splicing methods and procedures.
- Must be able to multi-task, must have good mathematical aptitude, must be able to manage multiple projects and to manage multiple job budgets
- Must have can do attitude to negotiate and influence property owners and customer decisions relating to easement and land acquisitions
- Strong computer skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Must have ability to lead a team
Thank you for your interest in MOUNTAIN, LTD. For more career opportunities, please visit us at www.mountainltd.com