Technical Support Technician
Job ID: #88851
The Technical Support Technician (NOC Level I) position will be a key position within the Company’s Network Operations Center. This person will be responsible for providing Level I and potentially some Level II troubleshooting and technical assistance in the areas of our voice-switched, optical transport and Internet and IP based networks for both our ILEC and CLEC operations. This person will directly report to the Network Operations Center Manager and will interface with the other work groups as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Clearly documenting ALL calls via our Ticketing System.
- Communicating complex technical issues to customers in an easy to understand manner.
- Respond professionally and proficiently to internal and external customers.
- Perform customer call backs as appropriate and small business customer support.
- Proactively monitor all in-service Systems and respond to major events appropriately.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task proficiently.
Level I Support:
- Answer incoming Customer repair calls.
- Be the first point of contact for our customers concerning technical / small business account
- Perform duties as ILEC and CLEC Dispatcher.
- New installation setup – data and/or voice.
- Resolve customer complaints of any type.
- Trouble ticket processing data and voice customers.
Level II Support (If so required):
- Escalate issues to Verizon, Dispatch, Inside Plant, Engineering groups or wherever required in a
- timely fashion.
- DSLAM, E-mail, and voice switch provisioning.
- Maintain and supply timely updates for open trouble tickets in terms of accurate trouble tracking and resolution information. This person will be the “owner” of any trouble tickets assigned until all issues have been resolved, escalated, or that the customer is satisfied that everything is back in working order.
- Maintain interaction with customers directly during the troubleshooting process. This will involve working with a customer over the phone in either troubleshooting a problem or providing technical assistance directly or by coordinating additional resources to resolve troubles. Regular updates of troubleshooting progress shall be given to the customer and recorded in the trouble ticket.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by management. *
*These tasks do not meet the Americans with Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in troubleshooting at least one of Dialup internet, support Transport and Voice-switched services or IP Network technology.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, Visio and WAN/LAN technology is preferred.
- Knowledge of telecommunications technology, products and services.
- Must have strong self-motivational skills as well as possess administration, coordination and prioritization abilities.
- Knowledge of company products and services.
- Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer and telephone systems.
- Skill in identifying and resolving subscriber problems.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to communicate with customers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments in a fast-paced, changing environment is also necessary.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree or equivalent experience plus one to three years telecommunications experience.