Telehealth Nurse Practitioner
Job ID: #89904
Joule Healthcare is Recruiting for a Clinical In home care team in New Jersey. This group of caring and passionate professionals is dedicated to improving the lives of members by conducting both telehealth and in-home visits. This organization has risen to the challenge of providing high quality care during the Coronavirus pandemic by expanding there telehealth capabilities.
This role is temporarily remote due to COVID-19 but will transition back to geo-targeted in-home visits when clinically appropriate later this year. We have vacancies in the following NJ counties: Atlantic, Camden, Essex, Hudson, & Union.
As a Nurse Practitioner (NP), you will use telehealth to conduct health assessments on enrolled Medicare Advantage members. You may also conduct follow-up visits for the subset of members recently discharged from a hospital or postacute care facility. Post- hospital visits may be in person where clinically appropriate. Assignment of visits will be based on staff availability and member needs. Visits will include comprehensive assessment of member health histories and current health care needs requiring further care coordination and management.
In Collaboration with the CMO, the Nurse Practitioner will conduct: (1) health assessments on enrolled Medicare Advantage members in members’ homes; (2) Post-hospitalization transitional care visits in members’ homes as part of Readmission Prevention Program; (3) Supportive care visits as part of Supportive Care Program that engages members with limited life expectancy. Assignments of home visits will be based on geographic area of responsibility, staff availability and member needs. The nature of the home visits vary and include post-discharge medication reconciliation and review of discharge plan, obtaining baseline information, administering point-of-care tests, leading advanced care planning conversations, performing physical exams and writing needed prescriptions, and providing medical management and coordination of care with members’ health providers to prevent progression of disease and re-hospitalization.
As a Nurse Practitioner, you will:
- Deliver preventive care to members remotely via proprietary software platform as well as third video apps (Doxy.me, Facetime, Zoom, WhatsApp, GoogleDuo, KakaoTalk) as needed.
- Complete a comprehensive review and assessment of a member's medical history, physical health, environment and psycho-social status.
- Document progress notes, prepare member workups and encounter summaries using proprietary mobile application.
- Help at-risk members transition from the hospital and other facilities to their own home.
- Create personalized care plans in coordination with the member's primary care physician.
- Actively close gaps in care, which may include ordering labs, writing prescriptions with collaboration of the Primary Care Provider or collaborating physician, and coordinating physician follow up.
- Perform point of care labs and diagnostic testing, such as A1c and microalbumin testing and spirometry.
- Activities will support program goals including accurate documentation of member health conditions, high performance on federal quality measures, and successful referral to network providers and internal clinical teams to improve care and outcomes.
- Coordinate and communicate with members’ interdisciplinary care teams
- Participate in regular ongoing training and meetings remotely.
You will love this job if:
- You have excellent clinical skills with knowledge of long-term care, geriatrics and chronic illness.
- You communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- You have terrific customer experience skills.
- You are tech savvy. Comfortable with using electronic health data, documenting in EMR’s, and utilizing video technology for telehealth visits.
- You are comfortable with a fast-paced environment with the ability to adapt to change and deal effectively with stress.
You should get in touch if:
- You are based in the state of New Jersey, required.
- You are certified as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner in specialty areas (required).
- You hold current unencumbered NJ Licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- You have an active DEA and CDS registration.
- You have minimum of 1 year experience as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner.
- You graduated with a Bachelor’s degree (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing.
- You have a Master’s degree in advanced clinical practice nursing or graduate of post Master’s certificate program for Nurse Practitioner.
- You have a current provider card in Basic Life Support (BLS).
- You have home care experience, preferred.