Job ID: #89348
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for a Warehouse Specialist for a major company working in the Shreveport, LA area.
MOUNTAIN, LTD. is a telecommunications service provider that has been in the industry for nearly 40 years. We are a proven leader in engineering solutions and recruitment with a record for success with both clients and candidates looking for the best jobs in the field. Our teams strengthen the infrastructure of our client base by specializing in outside/inside plant engineering, design, permitting, right of way, CAD drafting and project management. MOUNTAIN, LTD. offers an excellent compensation package that includes health and retirement benefits. We are dedicated to deliver our mission and commitment to clients and employees.
- Reports to Production Logistics and Warehouse Manager.
- Provides accurate and complete data for receiving, shipping, and inventory evaluation.
- Requires the ability to lift and move heavy boxes and to operate a forklift.
- Responsible for the Location Management of all equipment and materials including:
- Receiving (All SL transactions)
- Inventory control (All SL transactions)
- Transferring (All SL transactions)
- Pick-up and shipping (All SL transactions)
- Communication and coordination of equipment and materials location management via the appropriate tools with:
- Finance Team
- Internal warehouse/production team
- Project Managers
- Operations Managers and Supervisors
- Consistent verbal and written communication with the team on equipment locations to ensure accuracy of monthly as well as annual inventory reconciliations.
- Coordinating with Warehouse Manager and Operations Manager that proper spares levels are maintained.
- Coordination and communication with the Purchasing Manager to confirm anticipated new order deliveries.
- Coordination and communication with the Warehouse Manager or his/her designee to confirm pick-up or shipping of materials or equipment.
- Must demonstrate the flexibility to work overtime when needed and be available for afterhours calls on nights and weekends.
- Assist Operations personnel with obtaining the correct material for field failure replacement.
- The Warehouse Specialist works at the direction of, and reports directly to the, Production Logistics & Warehouse Manager. Duties of the Warehouse Specialist are as directed by the Production Logistics & Warehouse Manager and are subject to change with notice.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability and willingness to work in a warehouse environment which includes working with fluctuating indoor temperatures (above and below average temperatures)
- Must have a stellar work ethic and the ability to work in a team environment as well as the ability to work independently.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to locate information quickly and efficiently.
- Good observation skills
- Microsoft office proficient
- Ability to generate shipping documents from carrier sites such as XPO, UPS and FedEx.
- 3 to 5 years work experience in a warehouse environment.
- Forklift experience in a warehouse environment.
- ERP experience. Preferably with Microsoft Dynamics SL.
- Detailed oriented as well as able to multitask.
- Good communications skills both spoken and written.
- Ability to prioritize work to meet all objectives.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs.