Job ID: #90758
MOUNTAIN, LTD. has an opening for an OSP Inspector in the Portland, OR area.
Since 1979, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has successfully created and supported turnkey engineering solutions for traditional and wireless telecom providers across the United States. We are a national leader in the industry, providing high-quality engineering, on-time service delivery, and skilled personnel paired with innovative technology and creative solutions. Specialties include OSP/ISP engineering, design, permitting, right-of-way, and CAD for traditional and wireless telecommunications companies.
The Inspector will be responsible to ensure that all of the client’s underground and aerial plant facilities meet the current standards through inspections, and corrections work performed by contractors. The Inspector will document all inspections, audits, and pole transfers electronically, and be expected to communicate via email, and cellular phone. At times, it may be necessary to perform inspections, audits, and transfers manually by the use of printed spreadsheets.
- Work with a live crew operation, ensuring proper protocol is being followed
- Able to assist in the inspection of joint trench, SFU/LDA and MDU, developer provided conduit, backboard and ground, aerial, buried and UG placing of conduit, copper and fiber cable, copper and fiber splicing, Test and TU.
- Previous experience performing inspections or experience working on a cable line crew.
- Previous experience performing wooden pole ground line inspections.
- Must be proficient in OSP Construction Standards
- Familiarity with the National Electric Safety Code.
- Computer experience:
- Microsoft Windows XP or newer.
- Microsoft Excel 2003 or newer.
- Microsoft Outlook.
- Microsoft MapPoint 2009 or newer is preferred, but not required.
- Familiar and comfortable with internet usage, and web page browsing.
- Good communication skills.
- Personal time management and organization skills.
- Construction contractor management skills.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel on short notice.
Thank you for your interest in MOUNTAIN, LTD. For more career opportunities, please visit us at www.mountainltd.com