Employee Spotlight – Doug Brogdon
For the month of September, we are featuring one of our employees that works in our wireless division, Doug Brogdon who works in the Cary, NC office. Over the last 2 years, MOUNTAIN, LTD. has acquired two different wireless companies with a vision to expand our services in that domain of telecom. As we continue to grow our name in the wireless industry, Doug is a valuable asset to develop the relationships across our current as well as new clients.
How long have you been working at MOUNTAIN, LTD. ?
– One Year
What is your position at MOUNTAIN?
– Business Development Manager
What is your favorite thing about working for MOUNTAIN?
– I enjoy my coworkers. Everyone is very kind, funny and does great work for our valued clients.
What is one of your greatest professional highlights?
– One of the highlights in the last year has been when MOUNTAIN, LTD was requested to be added to 5 different markets from Verizon at the same time. This was the culmination of many communications in the prior months. If we are requested to be added to a new market, this usually happens one market at a time.
What does a typical day look like for you?
– A typical day is usually balanced between research and outreach into new markets we are not currently working, in different areas in markets we are in, and account management in places we are currently working.
What is something you’ve learned at MOUNTAIN that you never thought you would?
– I have learned a tremendous amount about the wireless industry. Two years ago I never knew what went into the process of making, or receiving, a call on my cell phone. Now I have a better understanding of the elaborate process that makes that happen.
Tell us a story about a MOUNTAIN experience.
– I grew up a “military brat” and moved all over the country prior to going to college. In my early teens, my father was stationed in Portland, ME and we lived in Yarmouth. That experience increased my interest in working for MOUNTAIN, LTD due to the fact most of the HQ team is based in that area and there is so much history there. When we had our sales meeting at HQ the other week, I was able to drive by my old home and it brought up some pleasant memories.
What do you like doing outside of work?
– I love to do family activities, watch my 13/16 year old son’s play sports, and hunt & fish when time permits.
What are you passionate about?
– I am passionate about helping people and I really enjoy building new relationships.
What is your favorite movie?
– I really enjoy war movies so Platoon, Apocalypse Now and Gladiator are top of the list.
Thank you, Doug, for all that you do!